Home Sell Triathlon Gear

As new Zipp carbon stem - 130mm

As new, used (maybe 4 or 5 times max) Zipp 145 Carbon road stem.

This was fitted to an ex-demo Felt AR2 road bike purchased in late July 2010. The bike was ridden 4 or 5 times with this stem fitted before it was removed and replaced with a shorter stem. The photograph shows the stem on this bike.

The stem is in as-new, 100% perfect condition and the only reason it has been replaced is because it is too long.

Its a beautiful piece of carbon engineering but its just too big for me on this bike ....

The cheapest I can find this on the web is £145. I am looking for £100 ONO plus p&p, which I believe is reasonable as it really is in perfect condition so save yourself nearly a third off the price.

Happy to post it or you can view it in Central London or near Kingston, Surrey by arrangement. PM me 

Here's what ZIPP have to say about it:

•The 145 is a full carbon stem utilizing precision forges and machined aluminum yokes at the steerer and stem clamp areas.
•Each stem is hand wrapped from more than 50 pieces of precision cut carbon cloth in order to ensure that the 145 is as stiff and strong as it is elegant.
•Utilizing the same keylock bonding and full enclosure carbon wrapping technology as the Zipp 300 Crankset, the 45 stem is the stiffest, strongest all carbon stem available.
•The elegant forged aluminum faceplate is highly polished with a very thin stainless steel insert to ensure maximum stiffness and durability.
•Leaving no stone unturned in our search for quality Zipp sourced titanium fasteners from Italy. The M5 titanium screws are manufactured alongside those used by Ducati for their racing motorcycle program, and are guaranteed to be as strong as they are light and elegant.
•Stem angle is +/-12 degrees
•Available in 31.8mm diameters
•Supplied with solid carbon steerer tube top cape and stepdown spacer for 1" steerer tubes
•Attached image shows stem with Red/ Silver Zipp logo
•Weight - 135g for 100m stem