Home Chat General Chat

Vitruvian Race Report

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I know you've been having fitness probs all year and a storming performance - excellent Next year is a definite for me as well - really enjoyed it.
  • pippip Posts: 170
    good effort sir. 5 hours 41 is a top time
  • Awesome effort mate, as iv already said. With a proper go sat some BASE TRAINING this winter... (IE NO Crazy races in FEB/MARCH!!!) haha, there is no reason why you can not smash the 5:30, maybe 5:15 and the following year join us in the sub 5 group!!

And next year I am at the moment in the country!!! Work have moved my trip to Qatar back to October!!!!

Ill be gunning for sub 4:15 though....4:24 when I did it 2 years ago! grrr lol
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Cheers Hussler...

You know I'm actually looking forward to getting some good base work done. I have one eye on the prize ie sub 5hrs 15.... Just got to hope we don't get covered in snow for 3 months like last year.....12 weeks of the turbo..... oh dear
  • Also looking to do the Vituvian next year, and have it as my target for my first half-distance.

Am considering doing the Dambuster earlier in the year as "research", is this necessary/a good idea?

Consideration: young family, and free passes are in short supply.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    yeah doing the dambuster is a good idea. Its essentially the same race but the run is loop is obv longer on the Vit.

Awesome race, bot the Vit and the Dambuster
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I missed out on the Dambuster last year, fills up quickly, intend to be quicker off the mark this time providing it doesn't clash with the Midland Series, definitely doing the Vit again, will be my A race
  • I did 7:44 for the event this year - my first event in OW and first non-sprint event. Would love to get back next year and take a load of time off that result. Thought it was a great event though - well organised, great marshals and lots of encouragement from everyone out there.
  • That's sorted then, dambuster followed by the Vitruvian later in the year. Can't wait.