Home Chat General Chat

Cardiff Half Marathon

Anyone doing Cardiff Half this weekend?

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    No - but if you are good luck
  • Not running, but supporting and spectating. Should be a good event, new course that's advertised as flat, but with a drag of a hill at about the 10 mike mark. Should catch a few out.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    It was hot!

No hills really but some dual-carraigeway flyovers - long gradual inclines then declines the other side, rather than anything steep.

Was fun but too much of the boring dual-carraigeway for my liking.
  • It was hot no PB this year I did it in 1:38.43 next year I'm planning on shifting a stone or two and getting sub 1:30.

It was a bit more lumpy than normal, I think the heat did catch a few out there were a few flaked out on the course.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    nicknofinger wrote:
    It was hot no PB this year I did it in 1:38.43 next year I'm planning on shifting a stone or two and getting sub 1:30.

Haha, that we almost exactly me after last year's 4 Villages Half. Didn't quite work out, I did Cardiff in 1.44.28 and got beaten by a man in a nine foot high giraffe costume
  • pjjmccpjjmcc Posts: 1
    Yep, ran it, and didn't like the differences on the course from last year. One or two things were better. the finish line, all mile-markers were visible, better runners village and finish line connections. But agree with Jules' comments about too much dual carriageway and access ramps. And the climb up bridge - Cogan Spur - A4055, and the off and on ramps to the A4232, could have done without them.
    Think the event needed more drum bands along the route as overall I found it quite dull.
    PB'd though, so shouldn't complain too much.