The road less travelled
try4triathlon Posts: 12
in General Chat
I've just started triathlon training (and learning techniques) - my goal being to compete in 2012. The world of triathlon is immense so I will move forward one step at a time (excuse the pun). I am trying to track the costs as I go - costs in terms of time, work and family, money etc. I started a blog - www.try4triathlon.com - other newbies may relate and experienced triathletes may be able to spot Typical beginner mistakes. I am a novice blogger as well so I need time to get it looking right!!!
Let me help you with costs, time etc
1) you will spend more than you ever imagined you would. Carbon bikes will make you drool in your sleep and 6 months after getting one you'll want another one.
2) your free time will suddenly become non existent and your family will lose quality time with their HAT/BAT/DAD. Get used to it cos they certainly will have too.
3) wearing Lycra and compression will become second nature - so much so that even your mates at work stop taking the piss as they are so used to seeing you look like a tit. This is a good thing.
4) you will promise yourself that an OD is too far and takes a year to train for, then you'll do one and think the same about a HIM then you'll do that and IM will be your goal. That's when your life gets taken over by this sport.
5) http://Www.BCTTT.com pop in and say hi. Born from this ever diminishing forum there are some great folk there with huge and varying levels of talent, experience and humour.
Never a truer word spoken