Home Chat General Chat

NEED HELP

Hey I am new to biking and I am 16 but I am looking for a pretty good triathlon bike. I am looking to start training for an Iron Man 70.3 which I am going to run at 18. My budget is about $1300 us dollars. Also I will need the shoes and pedals. And of course it has to look good and ride well. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Would you cover the shipping costs to the US ?

:roll:
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi,for that price in the UK,you would get a decent Alu framed bike with the possibility of carbon forks,and a low spec groupset,and adequate wheels.

Given your age,and the possibility of out growing the bike in a couple of years,choose a bike that provides you with the best bike fit,and then go for looks.You want to need to get back on the bike as soon as you have got off it.

The make of the bike is personal preference,go to you local bike store,a proper shop that deals mainly in road bikes,see if they can do a deal,with a possiblity of a trade in a year or so.
    If I had to stick my kneck out, I might suggest that you could get a Quintana Roo Kilo for around that sort of money,but with the state of the dollar and sterling your $1300, it is just a guess. You could look at ebay, but again maybe not.
    Best of luck.
  • stamps1stamps1 Posts: 2
    willieverfinish wrote:
    Would you cover the shipping costs to the US ?

:roll:
    That is not included in the number and I am looking for specific bikes because i have been search for a while