Home Chat General Chat

Swimovate vs Sportcount

I am useless at keeping track of the number of laps that i have completed in the pool. Have heard positive things about both the sportcount (manual lap counter) and the swimovate watch.

220Triathon have given the swimovate a 9 rating, but would welcome your thoughts.

Comments

• I have a swimovate watch & its brilliant. I swam 100 lengths for the swimathon and it was one length out and that was only because a little girl crashed into me head on & I stopped part way down the pool. Pretty much accurate every time I swim.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    neither

garmin 910Xt

nuff said
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Swimovate is ideal, except in small pools under 15m , then it misses lengths out, it does mention this in the blurb.

I cannot comment on the sport count or on the Garmin 910xt£££££££,
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    willieverfinish wrote:
    neither

garmin 910Xt

nuff said

+1

Awesome piece of kit
  • wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 34
    Not sure Mrs Wayfarer, would appreciate a new garmin arriving in the post, so Swimovate it is.

Many thanks for your input.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I cant comment on the difference, but I have a sportcount and found it handy at counting. Although only used it twice as rotator cuff went again.

If you want to try it out, its sitting in a drawer so I'd be happy to sell it, looking for a tenner plus postage if you're interested?
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    willieverfinish wrote:
    neither

garmin 910Xt

nuff said
    I have both and for pure lap counting the Swimovate pisses all over the Garmin as there is a half a length delay to acknowledge each lap on the Garmin. when doing 400m intervals I have an alert set for 350m and it vibrates halfway along length 15 :roll:
    For data collection there is little difference as both provide enough info to improve your stroke/efficiency.
    Where the Garmin is better is it records individual intervals and still works in OW - sometimes
  • steveh101steveh101 Posts: 2
    Swimovate.
    I always go to pieces in pool tris when I have to self-count lengths, and the Swimovate means one less thing to worry about.
    A neat security blanket. And it come in pink