Home Chat General Chat

Boardman Road comp - any good?

i am still trying to decide which bike to go for - many thanks for the replies to my previous post - i have seen the above bike which is £699 reduced from £799 - which offers sram apex. this looks good value for money - does anyone have one of these and if so, are you happy with it and are the boardman frames any good? is sram apex any good? Thanks Hadley

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    SRAM Apex is pretty similar to Rival and I've had Rival FD and RD for 4 years. Solid performance

Boardman have a good rep but can't comment on this model other than observe that it is described as a commuter/sportive bike so likely the geometry is not best suited for cut and dash racing
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I went for the Boardman Road Team bike (reduced from 999 to 899 and through the cycle to work scheme). The bike is superb, full 105 spec and with Mavic Aksium wheels, amazing value and great performance.
    My only issue is with the sellers - Halfords. They are a car accessory store, not a bike store - the bike came "fully checked and ready for use" - unfortunately this included a loose headset and bottom bracket.
    I would check the bike out yourself before using!
  • wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 34
    I've have been riding the Road Comp for 2 years (bought as part of cycle to work scheme), and use it for everthing from commuting to work and as a "race" bike.

The specs were agreed to be very high for the money, but as this was my first bike since riding the Raleigh Olympus back in the early 1980s I don't have a comparison.

That said, I don't have any complaints, and would certainly buy a Boardman again.
  • kiltmakerkiltmaker Posts: 1
    I've had my road comp for nearly 3 years. Done 5.5k miles on it and would highly recommend it. Its as good as anything twice its price (except perhaps a ribble!) no mechanical issues, though i did swap out the wheels last year, everything else has been usual wear & tear.