Home Chat General Chat

Hello, and building your nerve!

Hello,

I'm relatively new to triathlon (2 sprints and 1 olympic so far) and loving it. Usually I train on my own and am generally unsociable, however recently I've been for a few rides with neighbours and thought I'd go all out and join a forum

What I've found is that on my few rides with other people I'm fine on the uphills/flats but as soon as it gets to downhill sections I lose my nerve I'm always the first to reach for the brakes and come off the aero bars!

Are there training methods for learning how to take corners at speed?

Cheers!

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hi and welcome

In a word - confidence

Similar to me, there were some descents where I would back off the bars but last year I simply hunkered down on the bars on descents and corners. No particular reason why, had a bike fit the year before so can only think with a season under my belt with bike properly set up it all just gelled.

Keep it up
  • canadacanada Posts: 14
    my problem with down hills is i have no fear,

but i have slowed down abit after seeing me mate come off in front off me and go across the road on his ass,

so i say get down in one piece,you dont lose that much time going down hills,i perfer to now work on the up hills where the gains are so much greater