Home Chat Race Chat

Henley Half??

Hi All

This is my first year in Tri and have completed a sprint and olympic which I loved (the olympic one was the Virgin one on the Sunday in the hail stones so I'm thinking if that didn't put me off.....). My brothers off doing a full IM next year and this has motivated me into contemplating a half. I've registered for Blenheim so ideally i was looking for one later in the season so I have time to fully train. Any thoughts on the Henley half? There don't seem to be as many reviews around I think as its not been going for as long as some. I completed my olympic in 3 hr 6 so I know I am not going to be competing for first place! However I also don't want to be left on the course miles behind every one else

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Jeanette x

Comments

• Hi there

I personally loved Henley Half, in what wad my second year in Tri completing only one Olympic distance pre half iron, I also did london the following week and broke my pb. Nothing should stop you.

Have fun

Rich
  • NettyNetty Posts: 9
    Thanks Rich

Think i'm going to bite the bullet tonight!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    A half/70.3 is a good challenge distance and a great achievement, the other thing is that you can fit in several during the year - go for it
  • NettyNetty Posts: 9
    Done it!! Thanks guys - just needed that push
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Excellent - look forward to the race report