Home Chat General Chat

where to stay for London tri?

Afternoon,

Myself and a couple of mates have entered the London tri.

We will be travelling down from Scotland and making a weekend of it. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay?

Somewhere that will take our bikes in would be helpful.

Cheers folks.

Comments

• wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I'm assuming you mean The London Tri rather than ITU World Championship London.

If so, there are a number of hotels right on the doorstep of the excel centre in Docklands (where the expo and transition area is). I don't imagine they'll be cheap that weekend but will definately be catering for triathletes. Most of them are literally within 200 yards of the excel centre and also right on DLR so you will have no problems getting around if you want to.

If you opt for somewhere a bit further away then do bear in mind that the DLR does not allow you to take bikes on at any time, even London tri weekend, so you'll need to be somewhere close enough to ride to/ from excel centre.

Personally I'd go for any of the hotels next to Excel, purely for convenience.

Ibis, Crowne Plaza, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Premier Inn are all there so plenty of choice but as I said, unlikely to be cheap that weekend as they know they have a captive audience!
  • Good call Wyno.

By the way, does anyone fancy meeting up for a few beers on the Saturday or Sunday of the Lodnon Tri ?
  • I dare say we'll be having a few scoops after it.

Provided I'm not in hospital!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    When I did it a couple of years ago me an the misses made a long weekend of it, stayed from Friday to Monday in a hotel about 3 miles away - walking the 3 miles with bike and kit wasn't a problem - will be doing the same again this year when I am doing the Olympic Tri.