Home Chat General Chat

First Event of 2011 entered

Just entered the Outlaw 2011 and its my first ironman.Did any one do this event last year and if so have you got any feedback on the coarse etc.I've heard and read that it was an excellent event,well organised with plenty of feed stations.If anyone did the Outlaw what was your opinion.
Cheers Phil

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Pip - see you on the event

I did Outlaw 2010 - brilliant - loved it - although I did cock up my nutrition, lost my electrolyte tabs and cramped up - my report here the-outlaw-race-report-t49273.html?hilit= outlaw

OSB - excellent organisation. The bike route is being changed as there some very vocal NIMBYs who complained about the route.
  • pippip Posts: 170
    hope they don't make it a tougher bike course then
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Well there were some comments about a two lap rather than three lap bike leg and mention of two stinging climbs but that the course was also fast. Eagerly wait the release of the route and as I live about an hour away will get a recce in ASAP and post it in MapmyRide or GarminConnect.
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Booked in to a nice hotel close by.Killed 2 birds with one stone.Its our 6th annivesary on the 23rd so the wife gets to stay in a good hotel for the weekend and i'm close to home pierrpoint ready for action on the sunday.I'm such a caring husband it's no wonder the wife loves me