Home Chat General Chat
Options

hello all, please stand and be counted.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I am Penny (nellie is what my sisters used to call me!). I did my first tri this year, sprint distance in London. Absolutely loved it and plan to do olympic next year. I wish I had discovered this sport years ago. 43 is a bit late but ay least I knoe I can make good improvements in my swim. I train 5-6 days a week and love what it has done for my figure, and my overall fitness. I ran and dabbled with a mountain bike before, but tri training is so much more fun. I intend to keep on now until I get too wrinkled to be allowed in a tri-suit!!!!
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Hey everybody,

I'm Benny Vanhoutte from Belgium, 29 years young, married, 2 children(1 and 3 years old, so lots ofwork with them). I'm a roof worker and passionate about triathlon since 3 years, training seriously since almost 2 years.

I've already done 3 Olympic races, cutting of more then 10 minutes of my time since the first one(same race, next year). I joined a club this year, which really helps.

I hope tomeet a lot of people onthisforum to talk with, get and give advice where needed, but most of all, have FUN. Because triathlon is not suffering, it is not hard. Something you love can't be hard.

In fact, get of this forum, get out and train now!!![:D][;)]

Onlyjoking, when not training, come to this site its great.

Cheers to all of ya
  • Options
    JonesJones Posts: 4
    [:)]
  • Options
    threekneesthreeknees Posts: 19
    Hi all,

I'm Fergal and I'm 37 years old and feeling older every day thanks to my piggin' knee[:@]. I started out in this multisport madness about eight months ago by having some swim coaching as I was swimming a lot in the mornings but going nowhere fast. Then speaking to my osteopath he suggested I was a triathlete?? Me...can't coz my knees stuffed...not so said he...folowed by a little black magic osteopathy I have bought a bike (ride 16miles a day to work) and joined a running club. As distances have increased my knee has developed wierd and wonderful clicking and popping and am of course seeing a sports physio and arranging an MRI ASAP...despite all that it is the best sport (madness!) I have ever been involved in and am planning to do Worthing in August and Windsor in September (both Olympic distance coz I'm too stupid to start small).

Am based in Earlsfield in London and always happy to meet up with others for a spin on the bike.

Cheers

TK