Home Chat General Chat

Do you prefer Look or Shimano

Used Look clipless pedals for about 4 years and last year moved over to the Shimano Ultegra and found them better on long rides and that they float better than the Look brand. They also are much easier to run in when coming out of Transition I feel.

Anybody else got a preference when it comes to pedals.

Joe

Comments

• pugwashpugwash Posts: 8
    Hi Setanta,

I think this just goes to show how it's personal choice. I used Shimano's for some time and loved them, right up until I had a small cleat malfunction and twisted my ankle. Resulting in a mild case of tourettes and the immediate purchase of look's.

Thinking back it was probably my own fault for not looking after them properly.

But now I have been using Look's for a year or so I defiantly prefer then I just feel more comfortable in them I think it's because they have a bigger surface and you get less shoe flex.

I think this bring the tally to Shimarno 1 Look 1

Paul

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    I have been using Shimano SPds for several years but have lots of numb feet (2)[;)]. Have now traded up to SPD/SL 105. which has a much bigger contact area so may prove the solution. I will let you know.

David

maybe 2:1 Shimano?[8|]
  • chischis Posts: 94
    I have looks on my road bike shoes and some spds on my mountain/trail bike ones. Use the spd's on the MTB cos the shoes are easier to run in if I get off at gates and other obstacles. However on the road I much prefer the Looks as they seem more comfy especially on long rides and provide a slightly bigger platform.

2 all I think!
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    I use shimano Ultegra's I've had no problems with them at all apart from a couple of self induced accidents.