Home Chat Race Chat

Nice Olympic Distance in Late Summer

I've had to pull out of my main planned event this year (Austria Ironman) due to pregnancy but I'm hoping to be recovered enough by the end of the Summer (Aug/Sept) to race olympic distance again. I was hoping to do the Jordan's Bedford Classic as I have my PB for that course and I enjoy it because it's not too big and it's well run. However, something's come up and I won't be free that weekend. Anyone know of any other nice races around that time? Preferably SE England(ish).

Comments

• entries for london olympic on 4/5 august close end of the month which is a very good one to do

i know its out of your prefered location but bala in north wales is very nice on 17 september

i wouldnt advise doing the south coast tri as i did it in 2005 and whilst advertised as very good for spectators (means very boring to compete in as 12 lapa of cycle and 4 laps of run!)

• However there is now a Brighton Olympic tri, not in the Marina and it is the week before the Southcoast Tri.

Checkout the events list on the BTA website.

DAvid
  • I'm looking for an olympic distance race in late summer to but I'm a beginner. What does anyone reckon - Seaford or Brighton?
  • go for brighton

ive not done it but have done seaford and fairly boring with 12 laps for the cycle and 4 for the run all up and back along the seafront