Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• First post for me 3.5 miles back from taking the car in for a service.First exercise for 10 days since Cardiff Marathon- Felt slow and tough this morning
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Wed - big gear turbo session 55 mins

Hi triaddict, welcome to the madhouse ....
  • Attempted a training swim on tuesday got halfway thrpugh the session when was politely asked to leave the pool as there'd been an accident.

Expecting to see someone half dead or bleeding was disappointed to find it was the other type of accident ie a child had had a c**p in the water.

Don't you just love half term!

• Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Expecting to see someone half dead or bleeding was disappointed to find it was the other type of accident

If ever i compete in the same event as you, ill make sure i dont get in your way! [:D][8D]
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    tri club swim last nights..

loads of drills and some 50m and 100m sets as well...felt much faster last night and more controlled though I missed some of the sets because I was tired but fully rested it was good...get some fitness back and I'll be well on the way I hope bets not get 2 carried away

• Sunday - half marathon 1:34 & sore/stiff

Monday - circuit training - cured the stiffness but still sore!

Tuesday - bike to work Swim session tonight.

David
  • 3.5 mile run nice and easy along way to go b4 next race! 2007[:)]
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    day 3 of nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

trying to feel guilty...

nope...

not a jott...

ho hum...

another day of post 'fun run' nothingness before i do anything...

fab...

[8D] (at least I got out of bed by myself although had to wait for Mrs Mad to dress me again)
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Marathon training has begun!

Sunday - 11km run

Monday - Weights

Tuesday - 7km run

Wednesday - Weights plus 15min interval run

Wella
  • First swim session for about 6 weeks -time off after Ironman to recharge

1000m total

200m warm up

4X50m

3X100m

4x50m

100m cool down

felt ok can t imagine swimming 2.4miles again

[:D]
  • Nurse - enjoy your rest

today weights at lunch time - into the Max Transition phase of the plan - which basically makes the weight heavier and reps smaller

bike - 60 mins spinning (supposed to easy pacing post race but kind of found some unburnt energy .....)

lookng forward to picking my training back up around tri and not just running again
    Thu - run intervals (1km run, 2mins rest *5) Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk .....
    pacrfish wrote:

Thu - run intervals (1km run, 2mins rest *5) Yuk, yuk, yuk, yuk .....

you must learn to embrace your pain ... a good triathlete is like being the marquis de sade ... but with lesss emphasis on the leather
  • but with lesss emphasis on the leather

Am more on the lycra? you are sick sick sick

Yesterday

Weights again (still in MT)...getting heavier now...I certainly loose the spring in my step on the way back up the 4 flights of stays back to my office...

Can I be a very bad triathlete - and stick with the leather? Maybe save the pain and lycra for Sunday mornings?

Mad - you must have been reading that American book that says you should approach the bottom of hills saying 'welcome hill, you are my friend ....'. Can't quite apply that to Snowdon tho.....

Off to an Elizabethan Banquet now so no training til Sun ..... whoopee!

[image]http://www.lewiskit.com/images/Hurtbox Large.jpg[/image]

pat ...maybe you need one of these ...
  • Short run last night about 4 mile. Too cold

Weightlifting today (well sort of, assembled some Ikea shelves!)

Suffering with bad shin splints at the moment. So running hurts

Jane

Ps mad did you get the PM I sent about the swim training
    HI JANE - YES CHEERS !!!!!

hope not patronising you but really go easy if you have shin splints (R.I.C.E. blah blah) ... but no reason why you cant go hell for leather with bike and maybe swim ....

madnurse (phil) [:D]

ps i have ran out of races (argh !!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Just an hour doing steep hill climbs on the bike today followed by an hour in the pool doing 75M intervals.

Sun - 30 min swim, with hangover .... think I've forgotten how to swim.

Mad, you're abosulutely right, I do need one of those - can I have a lycra version??
    bike - 3 hours a bit undualting but ok

madnurse

(Pat ... am i mad enough to only allow 3 weeks recovery from Wimbleball to Austria .. do i go 1/2 sensible and do Bala giving me 4 weeks recovery instead ...do i go with lycra or studded cowhide trisuit ... too many choices)
    Sat - Rugby

Sun - 13km run (not good as I think I've fractured my foot!)

Mon - Weights at the gym

Mad, go for the studded cowhide suit. You know you want to.

Wella
    Monday - no training so far, but am seriously thinking about it - honest!

Mad - Wella is right, definitely the studded cowhide - probably in white/silver, sort of Elvis style....

The pros at Wimbleball were talking about doing long events closer together rather than leaving more recovery time. I think the theory was just hammering the body for one longer 'peak' rather than trying to peak multiple times a year. I just think you're mad, mad!

Wella - a fractured foot does not sound good news - how did you do that?

Pat,

Rugby I'm afraid. I'm used to getting stamped on and thought it was just bruising. After the match it felt ok but then after yesterday's run I was in agony. Only really noticed it turning and running downhill when the impact was greater. I've broken toes before and pain is similar. Not much I can do about it but rest I guess and hope for the best.

Gutted as I'm really getting into my running and coping with the increased distances. Better get down the pool!

Wella
    Monday AM.

An hour doing steep hill climbs/fast decents on the bike. Im lucky i live reasonably close to some very steep and long hills so its a blessing realy.

PM, just going down to the pool I train at for a few hours doing 100M intervals. Im going to be brave and ask them if i can try out my new wetsuit, Its a private pool so i have no idea what they will say. Still worth a try i guess[:D]
    Bad luck Wella - crazy game, rugby (but good to watch). Hope it doesn't take you out for too long.

Finally gave in to the nagging feeling and did 30 mins swim. Not much, but it is swimming 2 days in a row!
    Just got back from the pool, they did allow me to swim in a wetsuit[:D]

First time with the suit on so felt a bit weird. Very tight fitting but could swim in it ok, the only water that entered the suit was a small amount that seeped down the back of my neck, dont know if this is normal???

Strange feeling not being able to sink[8D] Very bouyant!
  • Yesterday 55 mile bike ride.

Never done that much before

Tonight coaching at our tri club swimming session so probably won't get to swim

Jane

Sorry to hear about the foot Pat. Have you had it x-rayed?
    Tue - 30 miles on bike - slow but a beautiful day ....

Wella - Jane is right, have you had that foot x-rayed??