Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Hi

I know people are having withdrawal symptoms from not racing. If you are in the North West uk triathlon group are organising some swim/run races over winter. The first race is this sunday. The next one is on the 3rd December. The races are at Nantwich. The website is www.uktriathlon.co.uk

Jane
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Hi Pat/Jane.

No x-ray yet. I've rested it this week and it feels a hell of a lot better so I may have just bruised the bone.

That's what I'm hoping as I'm missing the training. Should be able to see the club physio tonight.

Wella
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    last night - spinning - 60 mins ( mad full on hour of aerobic threshold stuff ... superb)

today - weights

m[:)]a[:D]d[8D] !!

ps ... Hi Well - take it easy for next week or so .. is time in the bank for you not just recovery from ? fractured foot but also from this years season. A few weeks or so of base level swimming & maybe bike (if foot allows) plus gym work wont be a waste at all. Am hoping you also looking after your foot in respect of R.I.C.E (rest, ice, compression & elevation) maybe use of anti-inflamitories sich as ibuprofen may be of help also. If you havent seen a quack or your physio then i would give thought to sooner rather than later. I expect to see you on the IM circuit before long so dont be knackering your foor up as a excuse [:D]
  • 4m recovery /easy run as if you can have easy run in dorset

had man flu for a week - these girls just don t know how we suffer

Any how back on wagon looking for a bike ride and a longer run over weekend

Triaddict
    Hey Mad.

Foots improving as the week goes on. Only exercise has been cycling from the station to work a couple times as cycling has been ok. Couple of weights sessions in the gym as well. Can't use Ibuprofen due to stomach troubles in the past but the RICE seems to have worked.

Getting tempted by this IM thing having watched the IMUK coverage on CH4 the other week. Showed it to friends and family who now have full admiration for anyone who attempts it.

Keep training!

Wella
  • Glad to hear it's getting better Wella

Today 25 mile bike ride.

On nights this weekend so probably won't do much.

May be a swim tomorrow depending on how tired I feel

Jane
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Wed - 4 mile run - or rather, a 2 mile run then 2 miles of endurance of the worst kind (forgot my phone so couldn't ring for someone to collect me). Have managed to injure my hip so running (or walking, and definitely climbing stairs) is off the agenda for a week or so.

Don't mean to sound too much like a Moaning Minnie (and after all, I haven't had man flu, triaddict!!) and I can still cycle and swim so ...

Sat - 70 mins spinnervals session on the turbo
    today - more spinning (bloody addictive - hope it aint about mirrors lycra & music ... maybe !!)

hoping to run a 5k run off a long bike session (knee a bit twingey so see how it pans out)

mad as ... [:-]

(hello Pat .. hope you is ok .. slap some ointment on it or at least drink some (hicc) .... anyhow good to see you still oooze that nice but hard as nails with it attitude)
    biked but didnt run - knee well twingey (had to strap it up for the bike so am playing sensible ...for once)
    Got up too late so no training today - just resting with a bottle of red wine ...

Mad - I'm a complete softie - I stop to move frogs and snails to safety when I'm out running (no comments about what is moving faster, thank you!) ...

A twingey' knee doesn't sound very good, either.

the fact that you can spot lesser items such as frogs etc in your peripheral vision at the speed you fly at is impressive enough enough for me .. let alone move them without loosing pace
    Mon - swim intervals 10 * 100m, 20 secs rest. Outdoor pool (but heated) - with the wind the waves were nearly big enough to make it open water... No frogs though.
    run - 5 miles ... had knee strapped so managed pace without too much hassle. seems less 'twingey' later today ... kill or cure seems to have prevailed once more
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Hi Mad,

I gotta say that ive had a bit of a twinge in my right knee for the last 10 days or so since the Snowdonia.

Its just starting to go now but has been a worry, now more of a dull pain deep behind the kneecap.

The Last 1.5 Miles of the Snowdonia is the blame IMHO as its a stupid thing to put Athletes thru Rough 'cross country decents' after running 20 odd miles!

Tough? yes! Asking for injury?? VERY much so!![:@]

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi guys... haven't posted for a while cos telling you about running training is very boring... (for me anyway) managed another PB in half marathon in Fort William a week past sunday... (1:35:25) well chuffed and now glad I put in the training although I had more niggling injuries in the six weeks of running training than the whole of the tri season

... in 2nd week of 2 weeks off training and had to drop car off at garage so took the MTB and cycled back ... surprisingly not hard at all despite the howling gale... only 20 mins but I was going stir crazy not doing anything!

Back to prep for tri training next week woo hoo!
  • Less than 7 weeks before my first Triathlon so going to post training on here to keep me motivated!

Swam lunchtime (40 x 25m) - tried out TI techniques from the free videos online on the TI site - too tight to buy book or DVD! :) Read so many good things on this forum about it that thought I'd give it a go ..... and I like it!

Did brick tonight of 1hr bike followed by 30 min run (plod!)

Sat in cold bath to ease the pain. Hopefully less aches tomorrow

• Club run tuesday about 1hr hill sessions

wednesday morn 45mins cycle

getting back into swing of things feels grrrrrrrrrrrate[:)]
    thurs eve

bike 3 hours (spinning - class x1 hour, free spin x1 hour & class x1 hour)

good beasting session [:D]
  • blimey nurse...good to see you are still crazy ;)
  • 45K bike ride. Easy going out. Suffered on way back cos of strong headwind. Why is that always the case :) Have entered Olympic distance (2 weeks time) and so tried out course this morning.
    Thu - 55 min bike turbo session

Fri - 2 mile run, testing the hip problem (ok-ish)

Sat - 33 mile bike, horrid cold head winds - and lonely - don't like riding on my own! Now everything from the waist down hurts.

Moan over ... have a good weekend all!
  • Fri 1/2 hour on the turbo

Sat 1 hour swim session

followed by 1 hour skiing

Tomorrow a bike workshop

Jane

• Friday 7 mile run

Saturday 1 hour swim

Today (Sunday) 23 mile hard bike straight into 5 mile run.

Must invest in some winter bike gear - thought my toes were gonna snap off!

Anyone recomend some good over-shoes.?

Ian
  • Today attended a bike coaching session on Merseyside. Did a 20 mile ride at speeds I've never done before. Very good session I ended on having one-one coaching off Pete Matthews ( I think an ex-pro cyclist). Learnt how to ride in a group and just general cycling techniques.

They also tried to help on bike fitting. There's more sessions next month and in Jan. I'd recommend them

Jane
    jane - could you let me know details if you have any ??? cheers
    Friday - 1500m swim

First attempt at this distance and finished in about 36mins. Kept a nice and steady pace so I know I can do the distance, just need to improve the time.

Monday - 12km bike

Got off the train early and cycled into work. Got to work and the showers are out of order. I love Mondays.

Wella
  • GraemeGraeme Posts: 48
    Saturday was what I thought might be a very rare nice sunny, windless day this of what we have left of this year year, so put 108miles in on the bike in the hope that it'll make up for the slack weekends where I cant bring myself out doors over the next 5 months of crap weather. Took it pretty slow, but it was nice anyway.

Yesterday was 16km run as sun was somehow still shining, but twisted ankle about 12k in trying to avoid a cow crap in a feild. Ironically enough, where I twisted my anke as it hit a rut, I had to quick step with the other foot to support my weight and stood in a another cow crap. so unluckily for me got covered in crap and a sore ankle. Need a few days off now as ankle hurts and planning on entering castle coombe duathlon this weekend. Going to be my first event, so pretty nervous as not sure what to expect.

Graeme
  • 10K run last night (just over an hour) and no ill effects this morning :)

Have bought swimming cap (bright yellow!) so no excuses for not doing first open water swim. Sunday morning it is then!

Tuesday Am at the gym

Ignored the weights for a change and went for a 25min interval run on the treadmill alternating 2mins jog, 1min sprint. Wanted to test the foot as its the first run for over two weeks since I injured it. Came through unscathed so running is gradually back on the pogramme.

Wella
    tues - brick 1 hour bike into a 5k run

wed run - 10 mile

thur - 2 hour bike