Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Being tardy with training and tardy with posting (must do better on both counts)

This week

Monday: club swim - about 1800m worth the whole session was 2300 but I missed the beginning and didn't do some of the sets

Yesterday: Treadmill run - 20mins at lunch in Zone2...

Nurse: - you made any decision on UK70.3?

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    loon- i have my entry confirmed for Austria ... uk 70.3 however will have to wait til payday ... if i have the pennies then should be a go-er.

mad 1
  • nice one el mado...

if you need to hold yourself back on UK70.3 just follow me i'll keep you slow ;)

• pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Tue - 1500m swim then painful sports massage session trying to sort this hip problem

Wed - 4 mile run - hip worse than I have admitted to the husband, but not tooo bad

Thu - turbo session 55 mins

Fri - well, I shall never moan about the husband again - a second-hand treadmill has just been delivered and installed in the dining room!!! Early Christmas present! Can't wait to have a go ...

Mad and loon - so I'm going to be passing you both on those Exmoor hills, then? (in my dreams ...)
  • Pat you are entirely likely to pass me on the way around...Just based on last weeks training alone...

Mad being part machine is unlikely to accept by tempting offer to slow him down...

Just a walk in the park

• Tue 2000 m swim session in 45 min

Wed 18 mile bike ride in rain

Today coached swim session of around 2000m

Hoping to run tomorrow to see if my shin splints have settled down. Have not run for 3 weeks but I'm finally pain free on walking.

Jane
    Fri - 40 mins playing around with new treadmill (it's much faster than me!!!)

Sat - 30 mins turbo (should have been 60 but interrupted by the kids)

Sun - 45 min run

Loon - if Mad is part machine that makes a lot of sense ..... but what if he was programmed by us?????
    pacrfish wrote:

if Mad is part machine that makes a lot of sense ..... but what if he was programmed by us ?????

you 'll never find my buttons !!!!!
  • club swim last night...About 1800m I think...I think I am getting better it certainly seems that way

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Away for a long weekend for a party so not a great deal of training.

I did manage a 10km run on Sunday, with hangover, in the town of Lyme Regis in Dorset. I have never run in a place with so many steep hills. Interesting how completely different muscles ache today than after a normal run. I can only imagine its what some of you went through in Wimbleball.

Also stopped in Yeovil to visit the TriUK store. My wife walked back to the car after about the 5th bike I told her I wanted to buy.

Wella
    today - weights (no cardio at all ... how odd)
  • 5km run on sunday. shin splints (cross fingers) have settled.

Decided that a 9 mile run with the running club is probably not a good idea tonight so resting with a glass of wine.

Jane

P.S. Anyone in the north west doing the swim/run on sunday at Nantwich

Mad I will send you a PM with the bike coaching workshop on.

• Friday - 11 hour endurance standing (U2 concert in Auckland)

Saturday - rest

Sunday - 1st open water swim - hated every second - only stayed in for about 15mins. Olympic distance triathlon this Sunday .... eeeeeeek!

Monday - rest

Tuesday - pool swim

Wednesday - 10K run - didn't go too well - worried about Sunday :(

Mon - planned rest day

Tue - rest day enforced by circumstances (although now at 11pm I am considering getting on the turbo ..... is this what tri does for you??)

Mad - it's not your buttons we're worried about - it's the bugs in your programs!
    pacrfish wrote:

Mad - it's not your buttons we're worried about - it's the bugs in your programs!

i am clean i tell you CLEAN .... bug free not even toxic ones from T3
    Wednesday - Weights at the gym followed by 15min interval run.

Wella
    run - 4 mile (steady pace - stiff from last nigths weights)
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Wednesday - carry my kit across rush hour London for a rugby match this evening.

It's been cancelled. [:@]
    Thursday - 8km steady run

Wella
  • did 1hr steady run last night at running club that im going to join but stepped in pot hole 5 mins from end (doh!!) and twisted my ankle so not good.

am limping today so weekends training of swim tonight, run tomorrow and bike on sunday will have to be revised!!
    Sat - 10k run - hip holding out ok ...

Sun - 1:45 on turbo - doing 1 loop of the Wimbleball bike course to remind myself how awful it is ...

Mad - if you're that clean you're not spending enough time in T3 .....
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Today,

2 hours swim, various intervals and some TI drills

2 Hours on the Pulse Cycle, did 30 miles but felt more like 40![8D]

3 miles steady jog.

Started to put more effort and time in now as the days are ticking by.[&:]
  • last thursday - 20minutes zone2 on the treadmill.

I am still in my rest* period but now will be building up from now

*rest in this case mean basic laziness and not wanting to get out of bed in the morning when it is cold

• Mad - there are no buttons anymore its all done over the internet

--late reply i know

• Yesterday did swim run race at nantwich. came 6th in the ladies if I'd been male would have come 3rd!

Swim 500m 9 min 33secs (swim not going well at the minute)

Run 5km 26 min 28 secs (including transition)

Overall 36 min 1 sec. Had been aiming to break 35mins so disappointed.

need to train more but can't get out of bed on cold winter mornings.

Jane

bike - 60 mins ( slight case of man flu .. so didint go too mad)

Jane - stick with it ... you will come good .. by the time next season comes around you will flying [:D]
  • First ever tri Sunday (Olympic distance) .... v.slow (3:17) PB though :)

rest Monday

Tuesday 30min bike/30minrun brick

40 mins on treadmill - one of the 'runnerval' DVD's. Think I'm getting addicted to 'Coach Troy' .....

Well done mikescott .....
    pacrfish wrote:

40 mins on treadmill - one of the 'runnerval' DVD's. Think I'm getting addicted to 'Coach Troy' .....

Well done mikescott .....

is that about his coaching or his lycra [:D]
    'Coach Troy' wears baggy shorts and t-shirt and looks distinctly uncool - no lycra in sight!

So I reckon it must be a combination of the pain and his commanding voice!!! Either that or I'm just losing it ......