Home Chat General Chat

Newbie advice please

Hello,

I'm doing the London Triathlon in Aug which will be my first.

I am of course feeling all the apprehensions that first timers seem to feel.

To try and alleviate some of these apprehensions I liked the look of the 'First Timers Training Weekend' that the London Triathlon have on their site. Seems to cover everything from open water swimming, transitions etc and is all inslusive eg wetsuits etc. Unfortunately I can't do that weekend so was hoping others may be able to suggest any alternatives within the M25 area?

Many thanks

Comments

• bigmatbigmat Posts: 20
    hi ram,

did one of the training days last year, and did one of the openwater swim days too. the training day was ok, but i'd really recommend the open water swim day at heron lake. it's just outside the m25 so easy to get to.

i bet it's the swim you're most nervous of after all, and they cover all the wetsuit stuff that you'll need to know, and it'll really put your mind at ease.

good luck at london.

matt
  • RamRam Posts: 2
    Thanks bigmat. Yes open water swimming is the one thing that makes me most nervous. I know I just need to take the bull by the horns and get stuck in and all will be ok so Heron Lake looks like the kind of thing I'm after.

Thanks again
  • bigmatbigmat Posts: 20
    it'll really help. they take you through all the stuff that everybody gets worried about. practicing the start, how to get round the buoys, making sure you're going in the right direction, and getting out of your wetsuit.

a day with them, and you'll might actually find yourself looking forward to the swim. the swim really isn't as bad as you think it's going to be, and it doesn't matter if you're first or last out of the water. you'll get a cheer from the crowds at london whatever.