Home Chat General Chat

Dizziness

Hello everyone.

After years of postulating i finally competed in my first triathlon on sunday (london). I really enjopyed the whole event and despite inadequate training and prep suprised myself with a 2hr 27min time ( i was aimimg for below 3hrs).

The most difficult part of the day was by far the swim/brawl, which i really struggled. In particular the first transition. I felt very dizzy and struggled to get the wetsuit off. What causes this light headedness and is there a way to prevent it.

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend

Andy

Comments

• tony btony b Posts: 57
    Hi Andy

This is a classic. It happens because you've been horizontal for a while. The usual remedy is to kick harder for the last 75 to 100 yds to pump the blood up to your head
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Dizziness getting out of the water is perfectly normal (though a bit disconcerting). I have geard the advice to kick your legs near the end of the swim but have found it didn't make much difference for me. You just have to get used to it.

Mike

• PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Crikey, all these bloody newbies saying they didn't train properly and still doing sub 2:30. Drives me mad!

Just jealous and bitter...