Home Chat General Chat

mtb bike pedals a on road bike?

call me a freak if u like...but i use time atac mtb pedals on my road bike with sidi race mtb shoes, ive been using them for years and find them extremely comfortable and easy to use..i use them in triathlons..no sliding on ur ar*se in transition..which ive seen so many times!no fumbling to get the pedals the right way round...and im very quick in them...sooo why are road pedals so different, always wondered...is there something im missing...is there anybody else out there doing the same??

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    HI Al - i too have a set of time pedals with diadora mtb shoes ... they seem to be the DB's as far as I can tell ... no hassle dead easy in & out ... and no bother getting pedal right way up as you say ... will be sticking with these for time to come

madnurse (phil)
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Is the main difference with one and two sided pedals the surface area I'm sure I read somewhere that single side pedals allow greater power have more float (movement) for your foot and are more energy efficent. I'm ready to be told I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.