Home Chat General Chat

Sussex tri

nice one ian - the old commando attitude prevails ... whats a few broken bones between friends eh .. well done ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did cheshire tri today & yeh is a massive buzz

madnurse (phil)

Comments

• ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    Well I did it, the swimming pool was lovely and warm, the gropu of novices I did it with so to speak were fantastic. So 250m of swimming in a warm bath, then cycling for 25k and then running 2.5k was really great; it didnt help that the day before the event I had dropped a 3 ton trailer on my left foot, passed out through the pain and then my foot swelled like a balloon. On the day (today sunday 4th june) it looked ok, but then I was up at 4am and it was still dark, it wasnt until after the race when I couldnt walk and I was at the sports massage area that it was apparent things werent too great, good old red cross volunteers helped and I was bandaged and then off to accident and emergency where after x rays I have three broken metatarsels (probably not right spelling), but after 6 months of hard trainning I was not going to give up!!! Whens the next one, I have the bug !!!!!!!!!!
  • Congrates Ian,

That is now the end of normal life as you know it, you will now become absurbed by the world that is triathlon.

Happy
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Congrats! I wonder if it was you I heard asking for ice then? There was me thinking I was being manly for running with a swollen big toe (bad tackle playing football, toe was looking like a plum!)

I was there as well but doing the sprint, have to confess as to not being overly impressed at the sauna like pool (it was literally a glass house) and as I had a late start it was roasting in there! Superb weather for the day though and great atmosphere.
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Well done Ian.

Still have 4 weeks until my first tri so I've made a mental note for my feet to avoid anything heavy. Apart from the gut 3ft above them anyway.

Hope you recover quickly to complete a few more this summer.
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    WEll done Ian - you obviously have the right attitude -Pain is only temporary.

David
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Nice one Ian...

What was it the guy on escape to legion says "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    Well done buudy...you can now tell all your friends you are a triathlete.

Welcome to our world!!
  • peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    Hi Ian

Well done, i was also in the same race and thought it was great! The sauna like swimming pool was a bit much - didn't want to move! but well organised and marshalled throughtout - definitely got the bug big style. results are up if you haven't seen.

Bring on the next one

Look out for you in the sprint next year