Home Chat General Chat

Brighton Tri in September 2007

Is anyone doing this from here, if you are why dont we meet up on the day and spur each other on and also have a beer at the end of the day !!!!!

Ian

Comments

• n1ck bn1ck b Posts: 27
    Ian

What date is this race ? Also what is the format sprint or oly.

I assume it's a sea swim?

Nick
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    This race is on September 16th 2007, its run by a company called urban race.com, its on their web site and it has three different levels to compete in, novice, god and show off, as its my first one I am going for the novice, fancy coming along, its being held on Madeira Drive, which will all be closed off and its dead flat, just been re surfaced as is s##t hot fast !

Ian
  • steve macsteve mac Posts: 18
    there is another one in Brighton which i think is better

[color=#800080]http://www.brightonmarinatriathlon.co.uk/[/color]

The tri is out of the marina and consists of a 1000m swim, 32km bike ride and an 8km run and has been running for years it is a good no frills race with a challenging bike and it only cost £25

Steve Mac
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    They both look pretty good. For those who like doing the full Olympic distance, the Urban Race event looks like a better choice. Then again, the Brighton Marina Triathlon has the advantage of a nice country-side bike course, rather than the 8 loops offered by Urban Race. Then again, the New Forest Middle Distance is on the 23rd of September. Decisions, decisions.

Another question for youse guys: what would be the practical reality of driving down from London on the morning of the race? At that time of the morning, I imagine the roads will be empty, but I'm not sure about getting up at something like 4:30am in order to get there and register by 7:00 am or so. Are there inexpensive places to stay (or camp) near the marina?