Home Chat General Chat

London to Brighton bike ride 2009... TWICE !!!

Hello,

I am trying to organise an event that has never been done before, my aim is to do the London to Brighton Bike ride, starting off at 6am, cycle down to Brighton and then return to London (waiting cars and a van - the van will have soft foam and nice racking for those lovely bikes so they dont get damaged); then we will travel back to Clapham Common and do the ride all over again; a total of 112 miles !!!

This previous 'posting' which was done a couple of months ago has had so much interest, that a national cycling magazine is now following the story and there are people from the Florida Tri Club in America who are coming over to the UK for this event.

If you are serious about doing this mad once in a lifetime ride, then please either leave your details after this posting or send me an e mail to iogi@btopenworld.com

Lets make history and start something that every keen cyclist or triathlete wants to add to their list of yearly events.

Ian Ogborn

Supporting the British Bobsleigh Team in their bid to bring back some Silverwear in 2010.

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Sounds good mate, but (not wishing to sound like a party pooper) its been done many times before, my bro did a couple of years ago. Sounds like a nice ride though.
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    Hello mate, did he do the ride down to Brighton and then ride back, our ride is slightly different, by trying to get back to the start line and cross the actual start line before the last official entrant crosses it ??
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! Thatl teach me to scan read!! Yeah, there and back, not start line twice. Right you are, sounds wacky!!

Bet you cant negative split the second lap!!! [;)]
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I'd be up for attempting that. It sounds like a good day out and the chance of doing something completely different. What level of cyclist are you aiming to attract?
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    I think we could aim this at all keen cyclists and those that are totally are utterly nuts in doing this; there is potential for huge coverage with this event and I am in discussions with some large corporate companies that might want to get involved too; if ur keen then drop me an e mail to my personal e mail iogi@btopenworld.com and tell me your location and give me some contact details.

IAN