Home Chat General Chat

What's your normal bed-time?

OK a bit of a dopey question, I was listening to a podcast today and a chap was talking about getting a good nights sleep and how this would really help performance.

Maybe that's why I am so slow....... how many hours sleep do you get each night

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    morning rollo - fair Q i suppose .... i guess like most i aim for about 8 hours but what everyone needds is individual to them given their own demands and stressors such as training patterns. sleep is paramount for good recovery without which all your hard earned training results are wasted. What I find beneifical esp on days where I train twice is, if possible to get a power nap during the day like a little siesta. it may sound humourous to some but the body gets now not not but two shots of growth hormone per day not to mention opoprtunity to relax your mind. Sleep is one of the best 'remedies' for stress.

madnurse (phil)
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I try and get to bed around 10 if I'm training in the morning (usually up at 6) and no later than 11 even when I'm not, like Madnurse said, I try to get the odd zizz when I can during the day. Sadly work is against it on the weekday :D
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    I try and get in 8hours but I've been sleeping like a restless thing the last week or so... too much on my mind!

Any tips for getting an afternoon nap.. I've never been able to sleep during the day unless I've been on a bender the night before!

jazdog

(kev)
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Hi kev - i fiind i can at least doze for an hour post workout. usually easier to do once have had a proteiin based recovery drink. If you get into a routiine of a chill out (darkened room background music - if that helps) your body will soon adapt and probably thank you for it. is like an change to your routine it takes a short while to adapt.
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Tend to get about 7-7.5 hours

bed by 11 up at about 6 - 6:30 depending on the mornings training

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Cheers Phil...I'll definitely give that a try next week... not enough time this week!

kev