Home Chat General Chat

wetsuit socks

help,my feet are getting cold on my early morning swims!!!!

where can i get some wetsuit socks from???

Comments

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I've never encountered them before, you may have to try diving shops and the like, maybe look online?
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Any diving shop will sell wetsuit boots which should be fine for swimming in. Must look mine out of my diving kit sometime.

Mike

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I've seen some peoplein my club put their feet in plastic bags before putting on their suits. I never tried it though, doesn't seem comfy to me, but hey, maybe it works and its definetely cheap.
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I have seen people do that as well. However they were doing it to make it easier to get the wetsuit on and to reduce the chance of ripping it with their feet. They certainly didn't swim with the bags on. A thin plastic bag wouldn't give you any real insulation.

Mike

oops[sm=rolleyes.gif], I didnt notice that. Probably training too much[;)]
  • You can get thin wet suit socks - as used by surfers - at any good shop sellinmg wetsuits /surf wear etc

Try and get the flexible thinner variety rather than the boots with soles..I have a thin pair I use for surfing on occasions - and gloves LOL

Are these things allowed at races? I guess not, otherwise I'll get them in shoe size 55![8D][;)]
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Just did my first sprint tri here in NZ- water bl--dy cold. Wondered if the boots and gloves are race legal or not? I wore two swim caps which helped with head- still got face freeze though. Lucky it was a warm day so hands warmed up on the bike and feet on the run. Local swim shop sells gloves but they are webbed so think poss not race legal
  • I seem to remember a gear test a few months back in 220.

It was on a Blue Seventy Swim Sock, they are for protection more than anything but I guess they would also help keep your feet warm!

Check at the following link to the Blue Seventy site.

http://www.blueseventy.com/products/acc-blueseventy.html