Home Chat General Chat

Does Ironman sell out?

I would like to participate in Ironman in August next year, but am currently recovering from an injury. I don't want to book a place until I know that I am recovered and can actually race. However, I don't want to leave it until last minute in case it sells out.

Does Ironman actually sell out? If so, approximately what time of year does it sell out?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Sam,

I did Ironman this year, and was in the same position as yourself. Carrying an injury and not sure if I was going to be ready.

Ironman was undersubscribed this year, I believe there were around 1100 competitors. I believe the limit is 1500.

I would be very surprised if this years was sold out, especially as the price has gone up, and there is the 'Big Woody' in september, which is a long distance event and 100 pounds cheaper.

Cheers
  • HI Sam

I did Ironman uk this year and can concur with sassigs264 comments regarding it not been sold out

Great event though [:)]
  • Thanks for the replies, I shall hold off for the moment then! Is that the same for the 70.3 Ironman?

What is the 'big woody'?
  • the 'big woody' is a long distance event, but not an Ironman branded event. which probably means it is cheaper. not sure if 70.3 sells out.....

Stu

• Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    I belive the 70.3 is sold out now