Home Chat General Chat

Building up to 1st Triathlon

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this whole scene, having been predominantly involved in running until recently. I love the variety that tri training gives. However, I do not plan on completing my first event before March next year, although with the training and coaching I am getting at the moment, that may well change. First question is, how much coverage do tri's get on TV? I would really like to see an event of television so that I can familiarise myself with the format. Secondly, I train between 2 and 3 hours each day (swim, run, weights, spinning etc) but lack any real structure at the moment unless I am in a formal coaching session. Anyone got a good (beginner level) triathlon training plan they could share with me?

Comments

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Hi Headhunter

Tri seems to be gettting more and more coverage... all the major races have been on Grandstand recently, salford, London the World Champs at Lausanne. Not sure that there'll be much more on now tho. I think Eurosport has some coverage of the world cup circuit although I don't have sky/cable maybe someone else could confirm.

As for training plans there are a whole load of good books that you could check out... Joe Friels Triathlon Training Bible seems to be popular or Triathlon 101. There are a number of forums/websites that do beginners training programmes as well - try a search or check out this one http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans-list.asp?h=1
  • Thanks Jazdog,

Will definitely check out that link. I hjave just got myself an HRM too so I can start monitoring progress more formally.

Cheers,

Matt