Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    50 minute trail run, blasted up the hills trotted on the flats and freewheeled on the downhills
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    8k recovery run(yeah right, like that exists [8|]) last night.

1mile swim session this morning at 6 am.

Planned a 1.5hour bike ride this afternoon,if only it would stop raining now!???

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Tough swim set yesterday:

Warm up-4x 100m

main set-350m continuous broken down into,

50m hard

50m race pace

50m easy

100m hard

100m pull bouy recovery

rest for 1min then repeat x4

cool down 200m very easy

got this swim from trusty 220 mag, and its a cracker!![:D]

Would have gone for a ride today but spent the day builing an arc, flipping rain!!!! So its a turbo session for me later[:@]
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Long run yesterday. 94:30 mins. No idea how far - I just ran along the canal for 46 minutes and then turned round. Got soaked though but that seems to be the way of it for me at the moment. Nothing today due to work.
    40 k bike ride an hour ago, looks like the weather is turning better here in Belgium[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

We have 4 days off work here due to holidays, so let the sun come out, cause it'll be 4 days of Tri[;)][8D]
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    this morning - 36k bike in the gym totalling just over an hour and then a 1.5 mile run to get the legs in check again.....

now - off out in 10 to run a steady 5k round the park

edit - 5k ---> 23 mins.... PB
    2 hours and 5 minutes on the bike this morning. I think it was just under 60K. This afternoon I managed to get to the pool for a quick 1200M.
    Nothing today, nothing yesterday ..... snowed under with work!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Been out for a 25min sea swim this morning and followed by a 1hour 8 min run at + split.

Long cycle tommorow.[;)]

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    off to cycle the Harlech Bike route, ready for the Harlech tri which is next Sunday .......Help!!!!
    20k bike and a 2 mile run... cant be bothered with any more today!!
    60k bike ride, longest ride since , well, very long ago [:)]
    50 mins touch rugby followed immediately by 900M in the pool. I did my 8x50 swim golf thing. Times weren't too bad but stroke count was up a bit. Par was 2 down on a month ago. Think I'm starting to get a cold. I'll put the poor swim down to that and will probably have to have a couple of days off.
    Just completed a 10k race bit undulating and heavy rain but happy with time 40.20.

[:)]
    10k run yesterday round the park. going for a swim later.
    200 kM mountainous cycling sportive. I decided to punish myslf for not getting out training since Tuesday. I stayed with the leading group (all racers) until I punctured just at the bottom of the most mountainous section, I got a new wheel and then did my best, long story short.... I caught them and stayed with them until 23 miles from finish when they stated tactics - I was shelled but kept going picked up 2 others and eventually finished 15th overall 16 min down on the leaders. Very sore & tired
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    an extremely wet 40k fell running across the yorkshire moors! not my usual days training, but felt like a change!
    82k bike ride, 32 per hour average with 7 others. Never rode this far before,although I really should.

Loved it though, so will repeat in future sessions.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][8D]
    I've just had a 38 minute run in civvies to get my house keys that I forgot at my mate's house. I got a taxi for the homeward leg - I'm wrecked after the cycle!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Missed a few updates: 3300m swim last Thursday, 60km bike Friday, no idea how far bike on Sunday - out with a very mixed ability group so it means that some of us get to repeat the hills [:D]

1hr coached swim session tonight includes the monthly 400m time-trial. Can I make it a PB 3 months in a row? [8D]
    Good Luck mofo.

Yesterday - early morning 5k and 1500m swim last night (would have been more but they closed pool early!)

I was going to do a 10k round the park but ended up being dragged to the shops and cant fit it in tonight..... so tomorrow Im up early to do the 10k i should have done today then 40k on bike tomorrow night!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Just recovering from an ankle injury so today, I have put in an hour's interval training in the glorious sunshine. Found a beautiful stretch about 4km long, fast rolling terrain and just beast it! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Finally finding a little speed! In the water and in the gym tomorrow!

First race, less than 2 weeks away!!! Come on [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Coached swim session tonight including 400m TT as above.... GOT A PB AGAIN! [8D]

Actually, it was only by 1 second (5:41) but I seem to be getting very consistent in the swim now. I have a technique change to work on - catching in a slightly different direction and widening my stroke - so we'll see what happens next time. Still aiming at sub 5:30 by year-end, but working on translating some of this short-course speed into decent OW times.

Anyway, I will celebrate with a 60km bike tomorrow. In the sunshine, at last! Woo-Hoo! [:D]
    Early swim session yesterday 35 min and steady hill run 45 min this morning before work.

Racing on sunday at Dorchester sprint so a couple of easy days now..

Feet up and chill after a short easy cycle in the morning....[;)]
    10k run this morning ended up as only a 5k.... my hamstrings just got tight and really hard to run, STRETCH MORE me thinks!

35k bike later though.
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Quick update - 30k bike on Sunday - hilly and windy.... nice

Cross training session tonight but an easy week otherwise

Race day Sunday - Harlech Tri - ooh I feel queezy just thinking about it!
    Saturday off due to the sniffles. Easy bike ride for an fifty minutes on Sunday. I did an hours worth of refereeing at a rugby tournament on Monday. All the sprinting seems to have done something to my right calf so no running for a week or so. Today herself and I have just been out on the mountain bikes for about 3.5 hours. This includes about 20 minutes walking due to the conditions and a fifteen minute stop for doughnuts in Great Bedwyn.

Almost forgot 3 gravity induced dismounts resulting in a grazed left knee.
    Bike/run brick yesterday.

Swim in open water over noon at work. I work in construction and started at new location today, just next to a channel. It has a two-lane piece right in front of the site we're working. One of the two stretches is not used by boats, just storage of boats I guess. 50 metres to 400 metres approx. Jumped in for a 15 min swim. I'm gonna be there forover a month , so much training ahead!!!!
    45 mins of drills in the pool. Then did a 400M benchmark swim. 8:09. PB by about 40sec and the 8:49 was only about 5 weeks ago. Well inside my target time for April/May. New targets needed soon I think.