Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    dunedogdunedog Posts: 15
    Hi all

Very cold 30 min swim in Crummock Lake. I was wondering how cold when a diver popped up and informed me it was 10 degrees dropping to 8 further out! Kept close to the shore in case of hypothermia. Couldn't see much as goggles kept misting despite some anti-fog stuff. Not sure wetsuit is right size as arms seemed to get tired. Hope Wimbleball Lake is warmer in a few weeks. Finished with a 45 min lake run this afternoon once my body had thawed out. Tried increasing my footstrike rate and although it felt like shuffling it actually seemed faster. Downside was mentioning this to Mrs DD who tried it and promptly disappeared into the distance....doh!. In my defence I was busy trying to tempt the dog into the lake to cool down but she did take some catching.
  • Options
    First time I have felt any compulsion to add to one of these threads.

32.5km, 1 hour 10, Rolling countryside with headwind all the way. Then got in car and came home.

How does this compare, I know in races a fair number manage to complete the 40km in 1 hour to 1.10 and this is what i would like to aim for but can't see how I am going to get that much quicker than I am now.

Also think I feel shin-splints coming on so not sure how long to leave it before I try another run.

Swimming is going well though - 7.41 400m last night.
  • Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Played 1 hour 20 mins of 5-a-side on sat morning then ran aroun bronte waterfalls and top withens (about 11k) in the afternoon... done nowt yesterday and today!
  • Options
    ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Two and a half hours on the bike yesterday. Another hour and a bit on the off-road bike with herself this morning and 1700M in the pool this afternoon. Did a 4x100 test at 1:56 average and 17.5 spl. Still getting better but improvement is a lot harder to come by now. Just done targets for the end of June. Does 4x100 @ 1:52 and 17 spl seem reasonable?
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I've been away for a while but the training has not stopped.... Sunday 93 km cycle to a 10 km running race (cycle 2.36 run 44 mins). Monday interval swimming in 25M pool 14 L warm up, then 10 on / 8 off x4 (76L = 1.9kM). Today a 53 min recovery run on forest trails.

Hope everyone else is going well!

• Options
    12km run along the canal in Angel....60 mins.
  • Options
    WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Just had a good hour recovery stretch session today. Feeling tender after the first race of the season. 1hour on the bike later on though - take it nice and easy.

Back in to the meaner stuff Thursday - 1hr bike intervals program, and 1hr coached swim session. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Loads of training around here I see [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image].

2k open water swim yesterday, great weather made it easy.

Bike commute today (32k).

Keep it up everyone.
  • Options
    Yesterday 50 minutes of drill and then an 8x50M in the pool. Then ran for thirty minutes in the afternoon. first run for two + weeks[:D]. Everything ok. Find out for real next Monday I guess.

Today 70 minutes on the bike including 5x6 minutes hard with three minutes rest.
  • Options
    It's Wednesday so that means Turbo day.... 60kM in 27.30hr/min an average of 41.1kMh. I was feeling very tired and heavy legged but I did it! I think that I have much better in me however I'm in the middle of a heavy section of my programme.

Benny its good to learn that you are getting the open water swims done. I have'nt had the balls to go for onr yet but you are inspiring me.

Keep up the good work guys

• Options
    Do it treefrog,

get some OW-swims before races really start. Really beats the usual 'push-off-the-wall'-athon in the pool.[8D] Once you're in the open water, it feels great to swim there.

7k run with some speed ork today.

greets,

• Options
    Benny I'll wait for a bit more weather otherwise I'll die of hypothermia!

Today I mostly did a 16kM (10 mile) time trial - 23.00 minutes which I'm happy enough with

• Options
    ShanyShany Posts: 7
    went out for a run today only went out for 30 min so did well as i have only started running now for 3 months so am doing well just taking it slow at the moment.

• Options
    20k bike followed by 2k run this morning, heading out to have a run around the park in a mo.... quick 5k
  • Options
    First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    40 k bike then 5k run brick yesterday.

Today open water sea swim 15 min very choppy and hgard work.

[8D]
  • Options
    dunedogdunedog Posts: 15
    Open water swim 30 mins in Crummock Lake. Very cold...probably too cold. Swam across 500m and back with Mrs DD. Sudden wind and accompanying big waves made it hard coming back (to be honest a little scary at one point). Quick transition to bike turned into 10 min warm up as Mrs DD had lost feeling in hands. Split ankle seam on wetsuit..only third time out..warranty claim I feel. 80min bike up Whinlatter pass and back, very windy.
  • Options
    I reccied a half IM course today in the car (bike was in the boot) and then decided to stop mucking about so I did the whole course at an average of 36.3 kmh. Timewise it was somewhere in the region of 2hr 35min - junctions and traficlights were operational today!
  • Options
    I've just realised that the 2.35 is a great time! For the first time ever the wind is with me!!
  • Options
    honchohoncho Posts: 23
    whats a sculling session ? is it rowing ?
  • Options
    For me sculling is rowing with "two oars per person" and is the best sport in the world!
  • Options
    11k run with speed intervals yesterday.

Day off work today due to bad weather,so did an1 hour turbo session (easy) just now.

Video analysing swim technique tonight in pool with our triclub (for free[8D][:D]). First time I'll do something like this, anxiously waiting in high hopes.[8|]
  • Options
    dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    Short rainy cycle ride to loosen the legs after completing my first ever tri yesterday (olympic in 2.33, splits of 35-3-76-1-38).

Really just an excuse to try out my new toy (a Garmin 705) though.

• Options
    Interval swim 1.9kM 46 minutes; (10 on/8 off X4 + 4 to warm up)
  • Options
    Heading out for a nice 10k..... well it would be nice if the bloody weather wasn't so shite.
  • Options
    Video analasys in apocalyptic pouring rain last night. Very interesting though; results within two weeks.

10 k tempo run today in 42 mins, which I'm happy with for now(sub 40 within 3 months??[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]).

• Options
    Turbo day brought forward this week as I hope to run a race tomorrow. Anyway today I did 60 km in 1hr 23 .09 which is 43.4 kmh - getting better!
  • Options
    dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    Pretty good training day for me. 7 mile run in to work (with no recurrence of recent calf injury - hooray). Afternoon off so a ride to Richmond park for some laps followed by 2000 yards (yes, yards) swimming in Tooting Lido.
  • Options
    bryanbryan Posts: 45
    this is my first post in here so go easy on me!![:D]

morning 1.6km swim

20km bike 38min (not sure if this is good or crap, any help?)

evening 6km run, no time though

hopefully doing first event in about 6 weeks

cheers

b
  • Options
    5 mile road race on flat terrain, went off too hard and blew a gasket at 3 miles. Finished up with a 32.40 time (to be officially confirmed tomorrow)
  • Options
    Not managed to do much recently due to work. Did manage to cycle in and out a couple of times last week. Ran a five mile race in awful conditions on Monday. Finally got back in the pool last night for 1500M.

Hopefully I'll have a bit more time next week.

20km bike 38min (not sure if this is good or crap, any help?)
    Bryan - difficult to say. Was it hilly? Was it into the wind? Chances are some people would be way quicker and some way slower. If this is a local route stay off it for a month or so and then ride it again. A new time then will give you a perspective on how slow/quick this one was.