Home Chat General Chat
Options

What training have you done today!

Comments

• Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    1 hour 5-a-side last night. i was awful and might as well not turned up/ Still it was a good run around.
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    got back at it yesterday 1 hour fast running - great stuff sore today though!
  • Options
    bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    10k interval run yesterday(couldn't resist).

Bike commute today, 40k total(did a little extra [image]http://rednas01.mygb.nl/img/blush.gif[/image]).

Finished off with a mile swim this evening.

Since I was agood boy the last few days, I'll take a day off tomorrow: only got ten hours of roof work planned, nothing else.[image]http://rednas01.mygb.nl/img/brushteeth.gif[/image]
  • Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Woke up weary...canned run swim session, little guilt trippy, but tomorrow is another day...& I still cycle 2x5k each way to work........fast.
  • Options
    jacjac Posts: 452
    30 mins swim followed by 16k bike. Day off tomorrow. Long ride planned for Sunday
  • Options
    SamRSamR Posts: 19
    Had my weekly swimming lesson today. swam about 1500m total doing various drills.

This evening I went out for a short 4k jog but felt good so ended up doing 11k and feel great now!

Can't wait for the season to start to do my first Tri (May 31st Crystal Palace!)
  • Options
    gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    50 min trail run with avg 160 hr.
  • Options
    husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Hill Reps Bike

20min warm up

6 x 1k Hill reps (more of a slope@2%) maintain 90rpm+, ride back down recovery

Start in 53/17 and on each hill rep go up a gear until the last rep is 53/11 or 53/12 depending on cassette.

I only managed to finish the 4th before my cadence dropped below 90rpm, therefore ending the session. Pushing 560W @96rpm on 53/13 gear.

Legs are tired now!:)
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    34 mile bike ride - was shattered afterwards - must have been those last two hills ;)

• Options
    Supposed to do 40k bike but ended up doing a mega 68k session, which was tough work. Damn those North York moors!

Planning gentle 5k run for tomorrow - legs permitting! Maybe a leisurely swim.
  • Options
    Don't you just love that weather we're having the last few days?!!!!![image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image][8D]

More of it to come next week I hear!

Did a long steady run this morning: ended up with 25k in 2 hours and ten minutes.

Did some jog this afternoon with my 4 year old son, as matter of practice for his first run race next weekend. Now that will be lots of fun!
  • Options
    I had a .4 swim/15 bike/5 run (kms) today and for the very first time in my tri kit!
  • Options
    husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I have done a 2hr ride (63km) followed by a 60min run (9miles)

Good session, started using race nutrition plan too.
  • Options
    GGGG Posts: 82
    Evening all,

First brick session of 2009 proved to be shocker, a good shocker:

21.27 mile bike - 1hr 10m 47 secs (18s ave)

Assing around - 5m 21 secs

4.21 mile run - 33m 36 secs (8min miles)

and this with an average HR of 156 bpm about 80% of my max HR.

GG

• Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    100km ride - rolling hills. Lots of chain ganging in the first 90 minutes and racing for village signs leading to a serious bonk and limping home feeling like death. [:@]
  • Options
    A solo century, first one of the year!

108 miles in 6 hours 14 minutes, rolling terrain, stiff head wind last quarter.

Quite tired now but feeling good inside ( and still no alcohol!)

• Options
    sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Solid 1:30 on turbo
  • Options
    1 hour Tri club swimming drills and practise tonight - very enjoyable too think in total was 1850 metres
  • Options
    BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    It seems a small distance after reading Nivagh and treefrog but 25K on the bike.
  • Options
    Easy 5k run at 7am, then a 1k swim this afternoon, broken down into 50s and 100s.
  • Options
    Well Nivagh and Treefrog, that's quite impressive. Keep it up!

Aiming to do my first century ever (that is in kilometres,not miles[:(]).

It will include the Monteberg and the Kemmelberg, 2 steepest climbs in West-Vlaanderen.

No training today.
  • Options
    Started turbo intervals tonight. They are never easy!The programme is (for the time being)

20 mins warm up - going through the gears, steady spinning and then some fartlek. The work was 1min on (flat out) 1min off (recovery pace) X 10. Then pedal it out for the hour.

In the pieces y average speed ranged from 47.8kMh to 50.5kMh average 49.5kMh.

Quite tough but happy to have done it

• Options
    Bit dissapointed tonight - was aiming to do a 6 mile run but after 2 mile my calves felt like lead, managed 3 miles at 6 mile pace but had to stop. Never had this happen before, maybe its due to the hard cycle at the weekend.

• Options
    24k bike with cruise intervals - another great day to be out on the bike. One hour tri club swim session tonight.
  • Options
    nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Swim session last night; running tonight and commuting tomorrow. Need to build my distances as five weeks to Lisbon - eek!
  • Options
    12kM run at steady state. No time taken but I was moving quite well, I can now feel the weight loss!

ps I wavedmy birth-right ; no Guinness! Still sober

• Options
    Training been a little random for the last few weeks so haven't really posted... However..

Yesterday I started my plan for the New Forest Middle Distance in September. I have a 27 week plan!! and I intent to follow it to best of my ability..

so far 2 days in and I've stuck to it..

Yesterday - 18M cycle home - Moderate intensity... nearly.. new fastest time set..

This morning.. 10M cycle & 2.75M run - brick season - new fastest time for cycle to work followed by very quick (for me) run off the bike.

Lunch - 30 mins of drill sets swimming.

So after 2 days I'm flying.. feeling really good and setting new fastest time all over the pace... here's hoping I continue!!
  • Options
    BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    In the 'Stupid' category: went for an ill-advised 3rd lap of my 5.5 mile run circuit yesterday. Legs failed completely at the 13.5 mile mark (but time was 1:45 which seems OK). So, I did a half-marathon, but finished up 3 miles from home with knackered legs. I think I blew up because all this was before breakfast. [:'(]

Coached swim session last night. Explained to coach that my legs were knackered... she said "Oh dear..... right everybody.. FINS ON!!". Ouch.
  • Options
    combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Just finished my longest swim session since my bike crash, a 1750m (with fins) including a 1k TT at a respectable 15mins

Onto the bike later for a 30min rolling hills set
  • Options
    There will be no training today, I've picked up a raspy throat and do not want to let it develop into anything worse. Probably because there is too much blood in my alcohol system!