Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Brick - 18k hilly bike ride followed by 1.5 mile run.

Running is feeling good, but power on the bike felt down today. Getting a massage for the first time in yonks tomorrow - so hopefully looser hamstrings will mean more power on the bike!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Am happy tonight and feeling great :D - did a slowish 6 mile run and it felt great during and afterwards. Have been struggling with my running for the last few weeks since my duathlon and tonight decided to go slower... this solved my problems I think I have been tryiong to run faster too quickly.

Tonights 6 miler was under 50 mins, which is good for me, and slap bang in the middle of my aerobic zone :D ..

• combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Brick session - 14km bike (hilly) on my loovely carbon TT bike (to celebrate my Birthday) followed by a 4.75km run

First proper one of the season - i.e. not on a turbo - what a difference

Happy with the run time (managed a top speed of 5.05min/km which for me is super quick!)

I.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Another interval session on the turbo.

Pyramids this time ...10 min warm up, then 3min at 40 kMh, 2min at 43kMh, 1min at max then back down 2min at 43kMh, 3min at 40kMh. 3min mobile recovery and the repeat the pyramid. Finish with a 10 minute warm down. 45 minutes of hard work

Great STUFF

5k run this morning. Was supposed to swim tonight but have had to delay until tomorrow..
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Cycle to work and back today. 24 miles.

Same tomorrow and maybe a swim.
    50 mins swimming this evening - had to move up into the fast lane due to traffic.
    35 mile bike ride today in the glorious sunshine :D was great -

first 15 miles were rather hilly for me then 20 miles of fairly flat - included a 400ft 1/2 mile climb, that nearly killed me and a nice 4 mile 300ft climb and a 230ft 1/2 mile climb - the 3 mile 500ft decent was quite nice too ;)

Rest day yesterday.

1.5 mile run to pool, 30 mins swim, 1.5 mile run home.

Hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow.
    Back at it again PROPERLY!

Friday : 20kM run 99mins 34sec

Saturday : light sculling for recovery - 4kM

Sunday : 144.8kM (90 miles) cycling (last 30 into a bitch of a head wind)

Feels good to be doing some quality training again also new diet and no beer, I'm getting into some proper form for the first time in a long time!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Nothing since last Friday, although that was a great day -8.5km run, 50km bike, 3300m swim - because I've got a sore throat and chesty cough, dammit.

Supposed to be racing (Eastleigh 10km) next Sunday, so I'm staying indoors and avoiding bad things.
    35k bike - really hard work into a fierce wind, but still enjoyable.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    [:)] I managed my first run after fracturing my foot- only 30minutes on the treadmill, but very happy!

Followed by Spinervals 1 - No Slacker!
    35 mile cycle of the windsor route. In gale force winds!!!!!!!!!!

Down to as low as 9mph at some points!
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    1 hr in the pool

good session, definate improvement.
    yesterday was 1 hour tri club swimming

tonight - 5 mile run - bloomin harsh headwind up one way but then sheltered on the way back ... next time I am going to run my route backwards when its windy lol.

Monday : Turbo intervals

warm up 20 mins then 1 min on (flat out)/ 1 min off (recovery) X 10, warm down.

Harsh session but feel great afterwards...eventually!

I averaged 50.0 kMh for the 1 minute pieces
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Ok, 1k easy swim followed by a cliff top half hour run with the dog. My first day back training properly and it feels gooooood. then off to work to teach circuits, think i can have two sugars in my evening cuppa.....
    10kM recovery run, legs very heavy,very windy conditions
  • pippip Posts: 170
    5k run in 22min 18secs pb for me
    Steady 5k yesterday morning. Tri club swim last night - v tiring!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    didnt post on here for a week, but did loads in that time.

Won't bore you with the list,just posting the morning swim of today:

2k with 1k drills in them,felt great.

Have lactate testing on saturday, so won't do lots of training next 2 days,

cheers.

Edit: would like to add the bike ride I'm rather proud of [:)]. 112k ride, 3.46hours, strong wind and lots of hills (steepest one is 20%). Just wanted to write this,since I'm almost as happy as my 4 year old on christmas.
    20k bike - pretty flat. Rest day tomorrow.
  • 4.3M run at lunch keeping my HR below 150bpm.. I seem to be getting faster and keeping my HR low?? perhaps I'm getting fitter?

12M cycle home tonight
    Did my first ever 7 mile run tonight - was pleased with teh time of 57.13 and HR of 154.
    Another turbo session - this time a variation on an old favourite theme. I did 80 minutes and recorded average speed and distance.

the scores were .... 80 minutes 42.8kMh average; 57kM

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I've still got this cold and chesty cough. I haven't trained since last Friday and I hate you all.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Bopomofo,

you have my sympathies, I had a sore throat last week which then developed into manflu.....

only just recovered and got a tri on Sat so my training has suffered.

Last night went a gentle 5k run and then into the pool for 1k, easy stroke.

Felt terrible tho afterwards.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Nothing today.

Enjoy your training peeps.
    was meant to have my first coached swim session today but the coach couldnt get there so did a swim, the weather has destroyed any ideas of a cycle, after mondays attempts i dont fancy being blown off the road again