Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    10 mile time trial. This one was with the big boys. At this stage I don't know the result but I reckon middle of the pack. I just could not get physically fired up for the event. I had an uneventful steady cycle buffeted by the same wind that was buffeting everyone else.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Easy day - but up at 4am for work - long drive.. finished early so home at 8pm. Went to the gym to unwind. Flat out 1,000 metre row followed by flat out 1mile. on the treadmill. Testing the new elastic laces. They worked! Plus the tri suit - running was fine - I was a bit hot - but had some baggier clothes on the top as the missus didn't want people to think that I am a poseur. Too knackered to do any weights. Just did some stretching.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    FINALLY back at it properly. Having had 3 weeks off I'm going to do a mini base period again before Winchester sprint tri next weekend - which is a 'C' race for me... just an excuse to go training, really.

8.5km run at a steady pace yesterday a.m., very poor swim session last night but managed a 6:05 400m which is better than I deserved, really.

Just waiting for the worst of the rain to clear then out on the bike for a couple of hours today.
  • I have no idea where you lot find the time.... I really don't
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    60km bike today. Nice hilly route.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    10K Run this morning. That's it for today but need more swimming!
  • Pyramid Turbo session. 45 mins, tomorrow - 12k run in morning with the dog.
    Rained all day (there was a weather window before 7:30am this morning, walked the dog then though).

So, got to grips with the Turbo. Lots of goes at working out VO2 Max and lactate thresholds. Think I have got to grips with it now. Really starting to enjoying it. Spent about an hour on it in total - intervals mainly. Managed to get the HR up to a new maximum for a bike.

Knee feeling quite good. So will try a 5K race tomorrow morning. Hurray for ParkRun. Will be testing no socks (no comp socks!!), elastic laces and tri suit. Will be camouflage the tri suit with some leggings. So may be a bit too hot to really cane it.

I have a really, really wicked hill near by. I have devised the cunning yet evil strategy of cycling to it. Then seeing how many times I can go up and down: looking at times and gears etc. I've never seen anyone with a road bike getting up it. I've only ever seen one mountain bike get up it. And that was me, using a far lower gear than I have on my road bike. Should be fun.

Oh, the dog has an exam in the afternoon. Mustn't forget that. Will need to help him with some revision before hand.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    33 mile/52.8k TT - splits -

26.4k @ 37:30,

40k @ 56:13

52.8k @ 1hr 13mins 12secs

Average of 43.8kph :)
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    1k swim, broken down into 2x250, 5x50, 2x100 and 6x25 technique
    Today I did the full half marathon course in 99min 14sec, good enough but my records show I have done it faster
    easy going 3k continuous swim in 49:50

Big Brick session planned later.... more to follow....
    hussler wrote:

easy going 3k continuous swim in 49:50

Big Brick session planned later.... more to follow....

I'm putting a tenner on you to win next Sunday. No pressure mind. [:)]
    haha, I doubt I will win but hoping for a good Age Group place... Although whilst Im racing I tell myself im the fastest thing going! lol wonder what the odds will be???
    30 mins swim, then 30 mins run..2k warm up, then 2.4k broken into 4x600m sets @2.23 with 1 min rest and 2k warm down.
    @ hussler

where you racing buddy? I'll keep an eye out for you.....
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Friksticks Jesster! You're a bit fast girl! Now you're doing the Try a Tri I shall have to make sure there are plenty of jacket potatoes ready pre- race!

My mate who is also doing the try a tri said if you want you can stay in her spare bedroom on a double blow up bed the night before the tri, save you the cost of a B & B. We could meet up there the night before for a last minute strategy meeting (or GOSSIP to the uninitiated!) and compare smileys......
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    10k run yesterday through woods and sandy tracks with a few challenging little hills thrown in for good measure.

Tomorrow a LSD from Wareham across the moors to Swanage and back via Studland on the bike. Should crank it up to 40 miles with some heart thudding hills.

Monday; ride the cycle route and run the run route of the Try a Tri in Wimborne.

• danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Ok this is my first post on this thread but I was really proud of myself this afternoon.

13 mile run today broken into 15 minute intervals, warmup, steady, above race tempo, recovery, steady, above race tempo then continued sprint finish til I felt like hurling on my doorstep. 1:37:02
    Solo century! Well 94 miles most of it up hill into a local mountain range against a bitch of a head wind, the flatish cycle home was fast though.

ps Lent over so I'm enjoying a bottle of Vino Rosso Italiano

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    40 mile ride this morning with the tri club - and what a good ride it was too :D felt great afteewards so went and cleaned the bike and car ;)

• New to this , Did 5k trail then 10mile bike then 5k trail brick yesterday, felt easy

Neil
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    38k cycle, this included up the Col De Vence again. new PB of 44:30 for the Col. This was followed by a 5k run.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Attended a day Swim training session today - was great - learnt a lot and got an underwater video of me. We started off with a 400m TT where we was filmed and I managed to knock 1min 16 seconds of my previous attempt :D well pleased with a 7.30m time. - later in the day spent another 1.5 hours doing drills and improvement analysis by the coaches and 1 hour pilates ... (not pleasant lol). then a few hours going through technique and drills and further analysis.

I must say that this sort of event is great for a beginner like me and would definately reccomend it.

NOT ENOUGH
    Good 50k steady bike yesterday.

1k swim today.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    45min turbo at medium resistance using big cog....

then a 6k run straight after....

Just love brick sessions..

PS does digging the garden count? It seemed to take more out of me that the brick session!!!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Well done GGB - that's a great slice to take out of your PB!

50 miles on the bike yesterday, 30 mins in the pool this morning, physiological testing tomorrow (treadmill run to exhaustion with expired air analysis and blood testing) [:)]
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I did a nour time trail training yesterday , I am off to spain on a 10 day training course , so will be doing loads hopefully in the nice warm weather . 10 days of training without having to worry about anything els e
    Good bike session today. 11k warm-up followed by 2x2.5 mile TT efforts, and 8k warm-down. Nearly 2mph up on last 2.5 mile TTs I did, so pleased with that.