Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• jacjac Posts: 452
    Hilly 34k bike yesterday in glorious sunshine.
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    I've done my 1st 900meter swim and am well chuffed every swim i'm getting closer and closer to my 1500 meter target wooooo
    1.2k swim broken into 250s, 100s and 50s. Steady 5k - zone 3.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Another Brick for me tonight - 13 miles Bike (42.3mins) - 1 mile run (7.46) -- Transition (1.34min)

Was hoping to do the 3 mile run but had chest pains after the first mile so gave up.
    38k bike, with 3 x 2.5 mile TT efforts. Felt good.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    42k bike........1 crash........1 litre of gatorade on my crutch.........
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Monday - Nothing very tired following Sunday's cycle

Tuesday - Local tri clubs' TT ; I won

Wednesday (today) nothing snowed under with work and will be up until Sunday when I plan to get a solo century in!

Just a 3 mile run for me tonight - landed funny on my ankle after about 1/2 mile so wasn't going to push it.

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Swim yesterday morning - 100s and 200s; 1.30 and 3.20 pace respectively.

Short bike ride before work this morning to have a go on the hill at the start of Sunday's tri.

Short fast run tonight or tomorrow morning, easy swim Friday, race Sunday.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    3 k swim, just felt like doing it non stop. its my birthday after all.

would have carried on but they had to close the pool [:(]

Roll on open water swims!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you!

How old Jesster?
    7k run first thing with 400m intervals, 30 mins swim after work.
    None
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    30 min swim at lunch. warm up/ 400m in 6mins/ 5 x 50m sprints and a few drills
    Thursday got back at it again (despite a huge workload).

60kM turbo session, and I went for it and got an average speed of 44.8kMh which is 80 min 21 sec.

I am happy with this

• MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Quick 5k yesterday morning. Feel really strong and went sub 20 mins without too much stress - feel like i can go a bit faster.

Half day today, so a couple of hours spinning the peddles is in order.
    Hill reps on the bike before work..loving them. 1.2k in the pool after work
    Nothing tonight - but did a lake swim last night - first lake swim ever, beat my pool 400 PB by 20+ seconds :D - did about 4 rounds of 400m - big, for me, bike ride tomorrow.

• pippip Posts: 170
    Aquick 5k run tonight rest tomorrow then big bike ride on sunday Cat and Fiddle here i come[:'(]
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    finally feel like i can actually add to this! did two laps of heron lake this morning, then bought some wetsuit booty things!
    55 mile (88k) bike this morning with the club - bit breazy but great ride out - legs were a bit tired for the last few miles too. Reached a top speed of 60KPH - a first for me :D

Nothing on Friday, too busy. Nothing official on Saturday, but loads of kM's following races at a regatta & a 15 hour day.

Sunday: Solo Century cancelled due to extreme fatigue, I actually got the kit on and went out on the bike, but I wised up and went back to bed!

Light weekend. Rest day Saturday then one hour on the bike yesterday followed by one mile brick run. Avg mph up so pleased.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    well I have just come back from training camp but this weekend saturday I have done a 90 mile bike with 10,500 feet climbed a pool swim 4,000 metre and 1 hour sea swim. Sunday a pool swim 1 hour 20 mile time trail , 15 mile cool down, then 1 hour core section and then 1 hour seas swim , then flight home .
  • stevepstevep Posts: 17
    6 mile run 45 mins organized curcit trg then 2 mile run home, may go swimmimg later
    45 min swim, mostly drills. 2hr bike, mostly hills. 2hr lunch with the girls, mostly chewin' the fat. (couldnt think of anything to rhyme with hills and drills. Bills? Chills? Frills?) and yes, talking is a form of training, people!!! And so is typing!!
    Good 45 min swim then 5k run with hill reps.
    Short swim earlier with some good drill work (although too short to count as a workout), 5k run.
    Good day today despite my impossible work load.

Bike (turbo) interval session:

20 mins warm up followed by 1min on (ie flat out)/1min off (recovery) X10

My average speed for each of the 1 min on was 50.32 kMh

This is a BRUTAL session I was ill afterwards and was left a jibbering wreck but I felt good!

10k run this morning, in a not-so-staggering 53 mins. But this is fine as i hadnt done that distance before (?!) as it's a bit much for Milo, who i had to leave at home as he has an elbow hygroma. and the OD is not til july.

I discovered two things; a slight bit of knee pain starting in my right knee, i assume this is because my right foot dishes out slightly when i run. how do i correct this? any ideas?

secondly, i found that you should not attempt to run any kind of distance without socks when your feet havent yet got over the last time you wore high heels. (that tip is purely for comanighttrain)