Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• squareclaresquareclare Posts: 99
    thanks it wasnt just me it was with some people at my college we all ran together tied in three legged race style did it in 31mins but not bad as we did fall over about 8 times!!

also very rainy but was for such a worthy cause and such a good laugh!!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    All tied together? fantastic. I can't imagine having to try and match my stride to anyone, really good effort. well done again
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

A 46 - miler
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Tri club swim session - Drills and speed session abouy 2,500m ... it was hard work but good ;)

A couple of hours later went a did a 35min Fartlek ish run, my first, covered about 7.5k but the 2nd half was mainly just run ... knees were feeling it.

Brick session tonight - 21.5k bike followed by 5k run ... I was quite pleased with the time too considering it was windy and the bike was undulating cam home in 68.27. Bike was good but the run was a bit slow, think am going to have a rest day tomorrow though as my right knee is playing up a bit ..

• DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    40 minute run to the pool followed by a 3.2k masters session.

Got a lift home!

• JuniacroodeJuniacroode Posts: 51
    45 min swim, first training in a week as I've been ill with some chesty thing. was ace with my new super swim goggles (thanks conehead!) as I didn't have to stop every 50 m to adjust and de-fog them. was really good going as I didn't kick like a mad woman and could have gone much longer, shame the oldies in the aqua-aerobics class came and booted us out! maybe a run tonight if my chest feels up to it.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    6 mile run with the dog on a new route. Really undulating with a few SERIOUS hills. A very enjoyable morning until Milo 'caught' a rabbit. I say 'caught' in inverted commas because the rabbit had myxi and didn't actually run anywhere because it couldn't see. He really just chewed it a bit and made it scream. Not nice. So guess who had to finish the poor thing off? Me.

Then we got caught in some sideways rain and got a thorough soaking and i neglected to remember that the boiler was kaput and we had no hot water. So I had to have a strip wash with a kettle in the sink. Very military.

I'll cycle to work today and take a circuits class and thats me done i reckon. [:D]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    45min interval session using big cog on the turbo, then into a 10k brick using some serious hills. Wanted to push myself, and I was knackered by the end.

off to the pool tonight to do some drills and then 1k swim session.

Rest day tomorrow.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    40 mins swim yesterday morning...(non-stop!...couldn't swim 2 lengths 10 weeks ago)

5km run this morning up before the kids destroyed the house...

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Lunchtime pool session, did an easy 1000m with the pullbuoy, to practice sighting with my foggles on. Doing a solid set made me realise our pool is full of the dreaded pool clowns, one breastroker kicked me, followed swiflty by a stroke of my crotch. So I overtook and practiced my sprint kicking (thanks for the idea shadowone), stopped him dead in the water, mwahaha.

Did a few practice dives in the pool and still dont think the goggles will stay on, on Sunday. Cap helps a bit.

Tried out the sportcount cos I really cant count lengths, and forgot to press the button a few times! Arse! When I got used it, it was super though.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Got a lift home!

Nice !!!!

20 km ride (race pace) interesting how last week when i did my tri i did it in 55 mins including transition

Tonight i did the next tri i have route also 20km and managed 43 minutes.

I still maintain last weeks was more than 20 km, but happy with the effort tonight.
    Today I did my first ever 1km non stop swim, twice as far as I have ever swum before in one go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took about 25/30 mins (i forgot to look at the clock before i started) but the pool was quite busy to start so i had to go realy slowly - which i think helped me keep going further than in the past.

I think i shall have a celebratory beer this evening[:D]
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    good for you mate.

5km run followed by a good weight session
    Cheers Jellylegs. I was meant to run tonight but have a sore calf and thought an easy one (ooops) in the pool would be better
  • ironkavironkav Posts: 259
    60 min bike 100+ RPM

30 min run 4.50m/km

brick

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    OOH! Dance class to Britney's 'womaniser' (you you you are......)

10 mile TT. and thus, am nearly dead. [X(]
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    12mi each way commute, felt good enough on the way home to spend longer on the tri-bars than i usually do.

5mi brick run on arrival home which was reasonable enough.

only 2 1/2 weeks left until my first race of the season!

• chapperschappers Posts: 97
    forgot to make appointment with physio (for femoral patella syndrome), so lunch ended up as a hard spin for 40mins, followed by 10 mins run to see how my knee is... getting better :-) but hip from last friday's off on the bike still isn't great :-( ...note to self, armadillo tires and mud aren't a good combo. 18mile commute home on what is now a wreck (bent frame and derailleur)... I pick up two new bikes on Saturday tho, that's got to make the injuries heal quicker!!

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    6k each way commute on the bike.

3k swim this evening.

Also lots of coughing which I am sure is good for my core muscles.

Mike

15 mile race pace bike this evening - undulating route but went well all the same.

2k swim today! woowoo, I think I finally cracked this swimming lark. Ok, so it took nearly 34 minutes to do 1500 m but I am not out to set any speed records anyway. Last week I literally could not go more than 4 lengths without having to take a break but this week I can somehow manage to do the distance with ease and no breaks at all. Happened first two nights ago, it was so late I thought I must have been dreaming so repeated it today and am well pleased. I think the brief wetsuit swim on Rookie Day taught me you really need not kick so much and thus we have it, I don't kick nearly as much and am actually pacing myself. Hope to of course get the time down but hey, am just pleased I can do the distnace now!

Maybe a run later, still have some chesty thing going on, grrr!
    Congrats Junia, that's fantastic progress. I had a similar breakthough this week in the pool so it must be something in the air (or water) that's causing it. well done. i don't think that 34 mins is too bad a time to have done 1500m in anyway particularly for your first go
    Thanks! I did feel on top of the world when it first happened. On a side note, having put my new roadies on my mtb (thanks Mike and Conehead!) I am averaging 5 mph faster-shocking (mainly b/c it illustrated how slow I was going before ;) )
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    1500m timed swim in Hampstead Lido - 31:34, a PB by a minute. Not a great time and definitely scope for improvement, but always happy with a PB (not dissing Junia's 34 mins - well done - but I've been doing this tri lark for years :)).

50 minute hilly run on Hampstead Heath almost straight afterwards (less than 10 mins).

Both sessions done at full race pace, just as a fitnes tester. Oh, and I downed a bottle of red by myself last night watching the UEFA Cup Final & 10 best Manic Street Preachers videos on NME TV!
  • Mini Tri today:

OW swim this morning - 3 laps of liquid leisure lake.

Run session on athletics track at lunch

Cycle to meeting (2 miles each way).
    17mile commute (new pb both ways 32mins there, 31mins back!!!!)

THen i had a really bad run, first mile 7:45 second mile 8:29...felt really heavy legged and tired before i started, so i'm not happy with that at all, it was mean to be my last proper run out at race pace before the 10k. Rest now until monday's race, i may hit the pool for a bit on saturday, all this talk of 1,500m pbs has me getting twichy
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    swimming including a timed 400m (no sniggering at the back) and found that i'm getting worse not better.
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Commuting and coughing is all I have managed today. Not good enough.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Juniacroode wrote:

2Last week I literally could not go more than 4 lengths without having to take a break but this week I can somehow manage to do the distance with ease and no breaks at all.  Happened first two nights ago, it was so late I thought I must have been dreaming so repeated it today and am well pleased.  I think the brief wetsuit swim on Rookie Day taught me you really need not kick so much and thus we have it, I don't kick nearly as much and am actually pacing myself. 

Well done Heather! There's hope for me yet! Hehe. I had a good swim myself tonight, and think the wetsuit/legs thing has definitely helped me too - looking forward to my first 2k.