Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

1596061626365»

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    20km bike tonight...still hadn't cooled down...
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    7.5k Recovery run this evening - it was still 24 degrees at gone 8pm when I went out .... too hot.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Monday was mini brick - 25mins spin with out of saddle intervals followed by 5k fartlet and core

Tuesday back to commute- 18miles in, then 5k fartlet and was feeling fruity so followed this by 5x 1min@7:15 min/mile 1min@5:30min/mile sprint intervals. Bike back home.

Today was running hill reps 3miles to hill at 6:45min/mile, 7x1m20s up 5-20% hill and 3 miles back again 6:45min/mile   
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    today cycle commute of about 18miles. plus i had a 90 minute OW swim session. Turned the return jouney into a swim/bike brick. Absolutely knackered now.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    At last - got over my 1500m swim fears and managed it last night in O/W - did a respectable time too of 32mins - yihaaaaa! Can now finally consider doing a OD - & was persuaded to change my last tri to just that - thanks Pat!! Completed a lovely evening with a few beers by the lake - perfect training me thinks!!
    Last night - Run session...couple of miles run then sprint splits...how bloody hot was it...ended up a very nice shade of purple and pushed the HR monitor off the scale....had to walk my return legs to get the HR rate down again in time to turn and sprint....thankfully only once a week...
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Swim this morning in a nice cold pool where I was the only person in it Haven't done any swimming in about two weeks due to Glasto and other stuff and have certainly fallen back a bit. I've only been swimming two months ish so need to get back to regular sessions.

Run tonight and I imagine it's going to get rather hot. Prob do a 10 - 12 k at a quick pace.
  • Just done a 3.8k swim. I took 8 mins off my p.b. Took 1hr 12 mins, I was really shaky when i got out the pool but felt great.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Not enough, for weeks now!!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    None - for ages. It's a battle between work and family at the moment!!!

Away for the weekend so I may try and sneak in a little run.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Sleeping.
    Leg in elevation
    Load Bearing hobble round tesco to stock up on paracetamol
    18 mile commute yesterday then 5k fartlek.. Man it was hot on the ride back home! Heavy legs today so thankfully it's rest day
    Wow! Slept for 9 hours... that's the longest I've been able to sleep for years. Didn't wake up til 8:30 - usually it is 6 when I get up.

More rest. Will go to the gym to watch the missus and the tennis.
    Lots of elevation.
    The swelling is going down a bit now - and the big bandages should come off tomorrow, so then I should be able to see what I've got.

Might be up to cleaning the bikes a bit.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Half hour swim in the morning concentrating on TI balance drills then a few lenghts paying attention to form. Finally felt like I was actually swimming on some of them rather than the usual controlled drowning.
    Then a 40k bike ride to Richmond Park followed by a 10k run.

Whoo Hoo I did a mini triathlon today Now happily sat on the sofa watching Le Tour.
    zilch today after a rather large session last night that only started out as a school fun evening!
    I did the exercises I was supposed to do - Lift the leg. Stretch the toes (to stretch the calf muscles). Slide the foot on the floor/bed towards you, flexing the knee a bit.

But this was boring... so I went with the dog and missus for a walk - I'll turn back after 250m I promised - ended up doing 4 miles. Ho hum.

Felt really tired afterwards - strange that - so snoozed in front of the Tour de France coverage. Dreamt that Wiggo had come third.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    70K on the bike in 3 hours around the beautiful Vale of Pewsey whilst speccing out the Pewsey triathlon bike course that I am marshalling on

http://www.janet-whiting.com/downloads/ ... athlon.doc

(don't worry - the course is 27K. But I cycled there and back again from home

1800m in the pool in 42 minutes tonight.

didds
    20km on the bike...avoiding the downpours...
    Sat morning was 2250m ow swim. The lake was 26deg and the guys mentioned the race ruling that if the water is over 23deg, wetsuits could be banned so tried swimming in tri suit in case as I have a race next sat. Was a bit wierd but ok.

Today was a brick. 1hr30m on turbo - in big ring, 2mins in each gear, low to high then back up (did this twice). Then 10k in 40:15. Practiced race nutrition for next weekend, including chugging a smart gel 5mins before getting off the bike which seemed to reduce heaviness in the legs.

Currently eating my way through contents of the fridge
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    EArly morning swim at LL with Scotty and Jellybaby...1500m in 34 (but had to spot and zig zagged all over the place!) - then 10k run when home..hard hard hard today!! Then slobbed on the sofa watching the tennis all afternoon - a good excuse to just do nothing!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Sat AM - 1 hours interval training on the turbo.
    Sat PM - 10k run

Sun AM - 1.5km in the pool dodging floating/splashing seals ie kids and then out the pool into a 29mile hill training session.

Now enjoying a nice cols shadsweiser.... ie beer!!!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    yesterday i did a nice 45 mins in the pool, 2*400m at threshold 600m at slow pace and some drills thrown in.
    Today 25k bike ride this morning (1h3mins) including some hill reps (4) and some 'sprints' it was almost like a fartlek run, but on a bike if that makes sense? then a nice 11mile run this evening in 1h30:14 seconds. very negative split, av pace 8:16 - and av HR 155 given that there were hills thorwn in the first 5 miles it was very good.
    40 mile hilly bike yesterday am with tri Club

Evening Went to a wedding and ate and drank way too much

21 mile hilly bike this evening
  • 45 mins on the powerbike
    10k on the treadmill
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    OW session in a very warm lake, in the rain
    Still no running due to bad back - Physio tomorrow

So - bike 15 miles - the 2nd half of the bike was rather wet ... bloody typical but good practise I suppose
  • I had my first go on the rollers I bought last week (Elite Ghibli Parabolic Rollers). Pretty scary stuff!

But within 10 min I was using the clips and staying up right, within 30 min I was playing with different speeds and gears (which don't make a difference).

After 40 minutes I was mentally tired from concentrating so much! I think I'm going to enjoy them though.