Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Good day today the Wednesday 60km turbo session at 43.5kmh average I wonder if the resistance is lessening or am I getting fitter?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    or both!!![:D]
    8k easy run yesterday evening.

did a 45min turbo session just now. OOps, gotta go wash up, keyboard already full of that good salty sweat[&:]

This thread really gets us going!!![image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Gym based brick session this morning

30 minutes bike

10 minutes run

20 minutes bike

10 minutes run

Only second session this week, so felt good, lunch time run planned for a bit later, steady pace with some sprints at 10 / 20 / 30 minutes.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Well i'ts good to be back been away in deepest darkest Wales but have managed to get some swim training in and plenty of hill running as you can emagine in the valley's.Managed 6hrs of training so not to bad.

[:@][:@][:@]
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    Been training since jan for my 1st triathlon in June at Blenheim so thought I would contribute..

Just did 45 minutes of easy spinning (Cold and windy!) and now off out for a half hour run - still cold and windy! [:)] Must be done though...
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    10 min row for warm up - 2.5k

7.5k Run - 40ish mins

5 mins row for cool down - 1.25k
    Junk miles today - 6km sculling (water too good to miss!) followed by 10km at recovery pace (51minutes)
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Sorry guys, haven't been on the site for a while. I quit my job 4 weeks ago, start a new one in May. No excuse not to get fit now, but computer access is limited.

Beat my 10k pb recently but only by 14 seconds, doing 43 mins 50 secs but a psychological breakthrough. Ran 10+ miles today followed 20 mins later by a 1 hour yoga class as a warm down / stretch session. Run was comfortable - I could have done quite a bit more but I wanted to go to yoga and have cooled down a little first.

I've started a course of 5 swimming lessons thru my local company here in NW London, a crowd called Swimming Nature. So far so good: my average length time is down by 5 secs (though only 30 to 25) mainly by improving my kick. I thought I was kicking efficiently but it was virtually non-existent. I can now get to the pool 3 times a week at least which is great.

Only downside to not working is that I forego my daily 16 miles on the bike but in its place I do a weekly spin class (tough work) and a few sessions on the indoor bike in the gym. I don't have a turbo trainer. Are the indoor bikes any good? I do the cardio programme, setting it to 160bpm and I do about 45 minutes. Because it's indoors I sweat massively in this session.

I've started doing weight but I've always hated them.

I'll try and get back on the bike properly soon.

I'm doing my first half marathon on Sunday week in Fleet. Anyone else doing it?
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hi Guys

Just wanted to thank you all - this thread is keeping me going! No training for 4 weeks now as I had a cold and then got bronchitis - can't do a thing! BUT reading what you are all up to is keeping me determined!

As I dont have the cash at the mo for the kit all mine is in the gym!

10 min row - 2.5k

25k Bike - 40 mins

10 min run for cool down
    Great bike ride of 1-hour plus (although very windy).

recovery run of half an hour.

And now the weekend comes, time for some real fun (=training)[8D][8D]
  • a4asha4ash Posts: 29
    thurs - 2k row, 45 mins weights, 15 mile bike

today - 1k swim

sat - plan to do 2 laps of grizdale forest trail on mountain bike then same sunday, maybe also do road bike/run brick in after noon, we'll see??

legalbeagle very interested to learn that his thread is a motivator for you - I certainly found it to be so when I was going through a bad patch - you almost feel that it is your duty to log in and supply your milage etc for the greater good or whatever! Well I ended off a great week with a 20 km run in 94 mins odd. Day off tomorrow and "work" on Sunday - coaching 2012 Olympic hopefuls.
    1 hour swim with lots of drill (TI; I finally believe it works[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m8.gif[/image]).
    all done in the gym again...

3k Row - 12 mins

10k Bike - 17 mins

10k Run - 52 mins

1350 cals in total!
    1 hour on turbo trainer (New so had to try it out!). 1 minute hill climbs every 5 minutes. Sweated buckets!

15 minutes of stretching oh and cleaned my bike.
  • AdyShawAdyShaw Posts: 19
    34km cycle for me today, flat start, hilly middle section, then flat ending, somehow the wind was in my face every way i turned!?![:@] No pain, no gain. (someone told me!!)
    Early morning swim, 2k.

Hated to get up at 5 a.m.[>:], but the good feeling afterwards compensates.
    1 hour swim, lost count of lengths so dont know how far....

Swimming really improving also, so all is good!
    40 minute swim at 6.50am - concentrated on stroke technique and breathing and did a few 100m sets. Pretty happy as keeping my stroke per 25m at about 18/19.

4.6 mile run this evening in 35.45secs. Well happy cause beat last weeks time by 1min 15 secs. All is good![:)]
    A very hard 1hour run - hilly course, really went for it,went through 10km in a liitle over 41 mins, faded at the end, coughed and wretched when finished: I should have gone swimming!
    Bike ride, just before the rain started here in Belgium. Rather windy though. So I started head wind. Rode for about 55 minutes against it, turned around and did the same route home in about 40 minutes (hooray for tailwinds[8D]).

Had a little accident in the last 5k. Pedestrian jumps in front of car to cross roads. Car brakes like hell, so do I but with left side and face smeared all over her rear window[:@]. Some damage to my left brake lever and my left hand (some cuts and bruises), but the lady was really thrilled to see that there was nothing on her car[:@][:@][:@].

benny wrote:

Bike ride, just before the rain started here in Belgium. Rather windy though. So I started head wind. Rode for about 55 minutes against it, turned around and did the same route home in about 40 minutes (hooray for tailwinds[8D]).

Had a little accident in the last 5k. Pedestrian jumps in front of car to cross roads. Car brakes like hell, so do I but with left side and face smeared all over her rear window[:@]. Some damage to my left brake lever and my left hand (some cuts and bruises), but the lady was really thrilled to see that there was nothing on her car[:@][:@][:@].

reckon you could claim for that!!

So far today..... 25k bike and 3k row.... going for an hour swim session now.
    1 hour of recovery run - junk miles
    Just went for a swim, lots of drills. Shoulder nags from hitting that car. It'll be lovely tomorow morning I reckon[&:][:D]
    1 hour swim... good few lenghts in and feel good.
    Wednesday..... so it must be 60km on the turbo day..... and today's stats are: 60kM 1hr 22min 43.5kmh average same as last week!
  • NickNick Posts: 66
    tuesday did 1x30 mins run to work then did 1x60mins after work

today did 45mins of total immersion drills. train hard peeps
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Well, I've had a sh1t week. Family all got a tummy bug at the weekend. I had to postpone my swim lesson on Monday to look after them all, the instructor didn't show up for yesterday's rescheduled lesson and in its place I did an utterly dire 60 mins in the pool by myself - unable to put more than a handful of lengths together without losing my form badly. As it happened I fell victim to the bug myself last night so that hopefully explains how poor my swim session was. To cap it all I've had a really sore lower back since Saturday and I'm really worried I won't be able to do my debut half marathon in Fleet on Sunday. I've been looking forwad to it for ages.

It can only get better from here I suppose!