Home Chat General Chat


jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
One of the letters in 220 this month regarded Insurance for Ironman racing and on renewal finding it had been moved to a higher bracket.2 years ago I had a similar experience when I found that my insurance covered me for Triathlon on holiday provided that the sole purpose of my holiday was not to race triathlon????? I could see that claim being dragged out for a prolonged period of time.

What I am asking is

If you take out Insurance to cover you for racing abroad who do you do it with and what sort of premium do you pay,or do you hope that your Home Triathlon Federation covers you,or just risk?????



  • The BTA have an associated Insurance company who skin you alive for insurance.

    When I went to Florida it cost about £150 for only two weeks race insurance cover.

    A mate of mine used the adverts in 220 and got annual race insurance for a lot less than that. Thankfully neither of us had to use it but I always of the opinion you get what you pay for.

    It seems to be the bike racing that is the problem. You can run and swim race on normal travel insurance. The problem bit is the biking.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Thanks for the reply,I have had various quotes from laughable to should I make an appointment with the Bank manager,as you say you get what you pay for.
  • As you are talking about Personal Life Insurance this reminds me of best insurance consultants from where i done my hail damage montana at very easy steps. and i am very thankful to them.

Sign In or Register to comment.