Home Chat General Chat

Foot Injuries and training

So I am waiting to find out what is wrong with my foot. It felt painful after some interval training so I rested it 7 days, bought new shoes then ran on it again and it hurt worse than before. Not a sharp pain but I feel it everytime I weightbear it aches on the outside edge of my right foot. A podiatrist has suggested it could be a stress fracture, I see a doctor tomorrow.

Swimming and cycling are fine and I can increase the amounts I train them while not running but what other effective cv work can I do? Swim / cycle just dont get my lungs working as hard as running does and I want to miss out as little as possible while I am waiting to recover.

Has anyone been through similar problems? What did you do in terms of training?

Thanks

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Hi,do not worry about missing your running training it gives you time to concentrate on better technique in other disciplines,substitute weight training for running and concentrate on good technique.Does the injury hurt first thing in the morning then reduce until you stress it out with running if so think plantar fascitis.Try www.physioroom.com for more possibilities.Hope this helps