Home Chat General Chat

wetsuit storage

NOW THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER,IM NOT SURE HOW AND WHERE TO STORE MY WETSUIT FOR THE WINTER MONTHS,WHAT DO YOU ALL RECOMEND?[&:]

Comments

• Hi,

I might be new to Triathlons but have been wakeboarding for some time and have quite a few wetsuits.

Personnally I make sure they are well and truely dry then hang up in my the wives wardrobe.

A thick dress/suit hanger made of wood is best but I've never had a real problem with plastic hangers either when I've run out of the wooden ones.

The main thing is to avoid the thin hangers as they can deform the wetsuit, if this is all you've got use two at once.

If you've got any rubber to rubber bits on the suit such as cuffs etc ensure these are well talc'ed to stop them sticking together.

Hope this helps,

Peter
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Roly - does the act of hanging up the suits in your wife's wardrobe not make all her clothes smell of neoprene?

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hate to throw a spanner in the works .. hanging the wetsuit over a prolonged periods can end up with a misshapen shuit as it will stretch .. best bet is to lay the suit horizontal away from the light ... if you havent got a handy crypt then under the bed would do just as well.....

mad [:D]
  • just saying what works for me, I don't know about the rest of you but under my bed is full up already and we have never really suffered from the neoprene smell getting into my wifes dresses.

I was also warned about the possibility of the suit misshaping but after hanging up a suit what got too small for me (it must of srunk?) and seeing no misshapping take place I do this method with all my suits now. Big thick hangers are the trick I think. Oh yer and a very understanding better half.

Peter
  • THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP
  • TRUNQTRUNQ Posts: 2
    Check out our new product. Originally designed for surfers. It works perfectly for Tri-athletes. Keep your wetsuit and all your other workout gear in the TRUNQ S.U.B (Surf Utility Box) or T.U.B (Tri-Athlete.Utility.Box). Please click here to check out our website www.trunq.com for more information, pictures and full online ordering capability. Thanks for checking us out.

PURA VIDA!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] www.trunq.com

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'd go with rolypoly and his thick wide hangers in a closet.

It's not that you only use it once a year; it wont hang in there longer than 4 months( which is actually too long, get out there in the open water; these suits are made to keep the cold out!!).