Home Chat General Chat

hrm

just started training using a hrm,when training sometimes i stray out of the zone i am training in, if i am going running or cycling uphill, but at the end of the session my average hr is within this zone is this ok,thanks

Comments

• RobRob Posts: 209
    Gooner, the only way you'll be able to keep in the correct zone all the time is slow right down on the hills. I wouldn't have said that going over your zone for the duration of the hill is going to seriously impair your training! Don't get too caught up in the numbers to start with. How have you worked out your zones?
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Don't worry about moving out of your zones. HRM are a great piece of kit but people stick to their zones too religiously and sometimes to the detriment of performance. Your heart rate is bound to increase as you go up hill, although training will attenuate this. If you are trying to keep your heart rate low, then avoid hills (I know this can be nigh on impossible). Use your HRM as a guide and include some common sense in your training, which many people forget to do.

Good luck with the training,

David.