Home Chat General Chat

Hotel Databank

Hi guys, I've entered half ironman in Antwerp in August. I've managed to find the start area on the map and have done the google hotel search thing. Then it struck me that you guys may have first hand experience of accommadation in Antwerp for the event. Have you? Then I got to thinking could we operate some sort of list for good hotels for triathlon events throughout the UK, Europe and the world - as this will be much better than the hit and miss method that I tend to use

Comments

• Hi treefrog.

I think this is a great idea. I can't help with antwerp though. sorry. I'm attempting IM Lanzarote myself next year and am trying to decide wheather to book club La Santa which is more expensive but is where the race HQ is or book somewhere in Puerto Del Carmen which would be cheaper and closer to where the race actually starts!!! If anyone has done IM lanzarote and can be of any help i'd be very grateful??? Hope you get info on antwerp...i(f anyone needs info on anywhere in Irl I can prob help. worked in hotel mgt in ireland for yrs.)

• Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    TriHard wrote:

Hi treefrog.

I think this is a great idea. I can't help with antwerp though. sorry. I'm attempting IM Lanzarote myself next year and am trying to decide wheather to book club La Santa which is more expensive but is where the race HQ is or book somewhere in Puerto Del Carmen which would be cheaper and closer to where the race actually starts!!! If anyone has done IM lanzarote and can be of any help i'd be very grateful??? Hope you get info on antwerp...i(f anyone needs info on anywhere in Irl I can prob help. worked in hotel mgt in ireland for yrs.)

I went to lanza IM this year and stayed at Del carmen.

La Santa is about a 25 euro taxi ride away but its along way to have to bus on race morning. Del carmen is just a case of walking down the road.

The cost of food and drink in P.D.C was not bad at all and roughly the same as the UK. Ive known friends who have stayed at la Santa and they said that its very expensive.

Club La Santa came across as being one of those places you would either love or hate. Personally it was not my thing.

cheers
  • Thanks for the help Rich

That was what I was thinkin myself. Glad someone confirmed it for me.

I think I'm going to go ahead and book PDC.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I stayed at Ibis Hotel Adliswil at IM Switzerland in June. It is a 2 star hotel and does exactly what it says on the tin... to a point. The website says its 0.5 km from the start its much further but all down hill. There are hotels much closer to the start area, but they are not on the IM Switzerland website - hence the thread. The Ibis hotel is full of IM'ers that weekend. I booked through Nirvana - who were excellent - but its' possible to do just as good yourself if you do the research and book early any suggestions for Antwerp.

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I've taken the idea onto another level, and I've another one to come (more later). I have contacted triathlon Belgium directly ; which happens to be based in Antwerp, and I 've asked them to reccommend an hotel. The next level is to find a Tri Belgium message board and ask there, you never know I might get a local who will have a spare room - or he could be a psycho killer - now that would be an adventure!!!