Home Chat General Chat

Tri Club nr WATFORD

Hi

Does anyone know of a triathlon club near watford - I am looking to join one to aid my ironman (swis08) prep - and have some more fun while training.

I just cycled in a group from Bangkok to vietnam and found it realy good fun compared to lone cycling!

- I have checked BTA site but there appears to be nothing very local..

|Thanks

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Hi Barny,

nearest clubs are Hillingdon Triathletes based around Ruislip, Denham and swim at Yiewsley. Tri-Force in St Albans, Shiers Triers in Berkhampstead, I think Hemel Hempstead Cycling Club have a tri section and I heard something about a club based in Hatch End but I don't know much about that. Most have websites you can view via the British Triathlon website.

David.
  • hi I'm a coach with Jetstream tri club - we are based in the Watford / Ricky / Harrow area. check out our website www.jetstreamtri.com Our main focus is youth but we have a number of adult members and you may find some of our sessions suitable / helpful (including long bike ride from Ricky on Sunday am).

Hillingdon Triathletes are an excellent club too.

cheers

Kevin
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Hi Kev,

in response to your reply, I am looking to get a bit more involved in coaching at the moment and would be interested in having a chat with you guys as well as doing some training with you. I live in Bushey and already work at St Helens as a personal trainer/fitness instructor. I am planning on doing my level 2 BTA in the New Year and would really like to get involved in a club. I am working on Friday night, so if you guys are swimming it would be good to catch up. Hopefully you will get this message before then.

Look forward to speaking to you,

David.
  • hi David, I live just round the corner from St Helens - I was there swimming with my daughter last night - small world eh.

I've emailed our head coach (Wayne) who will be there taking the swim session on Friday and he will speak to you then (he also lives in Bushey).

I'm in the middle of (well nearly finished) my bta level 2. Just the exam to go now.

cheers

Kev