Home Chat General Chat

Happy Birthday to Me!

I hope this doesn't sound too pompous but I turned 40 at the weekend, and I celebrated by buying myself a brand new Cervelo P3 with record groupset - it's great motivation to train because I have no money left to do anything else and I need to justify it!

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Let that be an inspiration to all of us who can't afford the kit we want.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    congrats treefrog.[sm=kiss.gif][:D]

I turn 30 next year and had the exact same present in mind. Just need to convince the wife, howthe hell did you do that,you lucky ba#*;rd[:@][:D]
  • Just tell her! You guys earned it. you deserve to spend a few pennies on yourselves.

I am so full of bravado when its not me that has to tell her!

Buy it and then hide it in the garage, she probably wont even notice.[:@]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Great idea, hiding in the garage.

Oh wait, where do I have to put all my other secret stuff then???[:o][:D]
  • Congrats treefrog and you well diserve your pressie.As for the wife i'm sure sh will understand if not just go for a longer ride that day...............[:D][:D][:D]ro
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    True story ... This guy went and bought himself a brand new Cannondale (the Saeco model) a few years ago. He didn't tell the wife and decided to keep it at his brother in law's garage. He left to go on the club run every Sunday on his old bike, but he'd call into the brother in law's to pick up the Cannondale. Anyway he was very noisy and one morning when the brother in law was feeling particulrly delicate he got fed up with the noise so he phoned his sister (the guy's wife). She went buck daft and there was hell to pay!