Home Chat General Chat

Weights

How many of you do weights training, i try to do 2 or 3 per week if i can fit it in. I just do compound exercises to build a good base of strength

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    i try to fit in a 3 day split of weights around my swim bike & run stuff - have eased off slightly aiming less for actual gains in strength and looking now more for endurance. will probaably adapt this to one or two / week from next week as i step things up with more emphasis on tri specific training.
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I try to incorporate weights twice a week, mainly as I want to develop leg strength for the bike and run and upper body for the swim (I'm also vain and trying to look better [8D]) . I'll also incorporate core stength training as well.
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    I also try to do a couple of weight sessions a week too to try and build strength and keep me looking toned too. Not majorly sure it has many benefits on my tri training though!

I'm also pretty vain[;)]
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    show me a triathlete that hasn't got at least a streak of vanity [:D]

el mad one
  • Great question - I was just starting to think about it and decided now I really ought to fit in a couple of sessions a week. For the race of course - nothing to do with vanity and the fact summer is coming up [:D]
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    I stopped doing weights to try and fit in 8/9 sessions on bike/swim/run a week. Found sport specific stuff was much more beneficial - for example using paddles in the pool - pushing some big gears on the bike -esp single leg spinning- and running x-country.

Core strength I use a swiss ball and some weights... also some static excercises - planks and stuff

jazdog