Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    OK I know this is probably not strictly by the rules but ... Benny what can you tell me about Ironman 70.3 Antwerp? Maybe we should start a new thread for this! Please answer on the HALF ANTWERP thead that I'll start now

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    yesterday: A easy 5k run, core workout in evening.

today: nothing at all[8D][8D][8D].
  • Today I worked ans tomorrow I will be painting a wardrobe.No training
  • No training today. Spent day chasing sheep around a field. (I know sounds a bit sus!)

MB race tomorrow in the sleet. Should be an interesting morning.

T20 swimming test, did 1145 metres, 5 metres more then last season. Not alot of progress[:(].

Did last years test in februari though, now December, so lets hope there's a little bit a good thing[&:]
  • spinning today for 5 miles followed by 3 mile run then into the pool for 1800m.

Need a beer now [:-]
    Today I went out on a 94km club cycle and I paaid the price for a very boozy rowing dinner on Friday night - I was crap, but I suppose I got through it.
    94k????

That would beat the '#é% out of me right now!

way to go treefrog, maybe you can still get ready in time for theTour de France[;)]
  • bjesus!! 94k I am frightened. I went for a swim yesterday, around 2000m with sprints and then a technique session in the pool today.
  • Hour run trying to beat time in second half an hour. Is it wrong that I am posting a reply to myself?
    posting to yourself isn't wrong, but I would recommend you see a doctor if it happens too much[:D].

Had a mile swim, easy effort.
    Hi guys I had a great week which culminated in a 94 min 20km run yesterday and a relaxing 6km scull this morning. Tomorrow I'm off to a Man v Horse v Bike race I'll do the bike bit!
  • pigletpiglet Posts: 86
    Twisted my flaming ankle!!! Arrgghhhh!!! Swimming with a pull buoy or one legged kicking is all I can do. Scream- sorry have to have a moan to someone. My family thinks it's good as I'm forced to take a rest. They don't have an Olympic tri on 21st Jan to race!!!!

I know you guys understand so sorry for using this thread as a moan[:-][:-][:@][:@]
    could be a kick start on that one leg bike ride of an hour though[:D]

Did a 1 mile swim at 5.30 AM, only 2 idiots in the pool( I was one of them, hooray)
    Did the man-horse-bike, although it turned out that it was a man v bike as all the horses were recovering after a hunt on Saturday. It was a flat out event; 3 10km laps with a brutal hill and very fast flats. The cyclists did 3 laps and the runners did 1 3/4 lps. I finished 3rd behind a nother cyclist and just behind a runner. Tonight I did a fast 30 min in the pool
  • Started this morning with a 5.5km run in 30 mins and then weight training. Not bad thus far, oh and just had a 1 minute row off with a woman from the Team GB Rowing team and beat her by 20 metres (feeling very smug).

Swimming later on (hopefully)

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Starting to get all excited about next year now... just getting going on building up the volume from the maintenance schedule: was doing two of each discipline, now upping to three of each and building the distance. Feeling fantastic too.... 2:30 here I come for next year!

Recent training: Sunday steady swim 12 x 5 lengths off 2:15

8km steady run yesterday

40 mins hard intervals on the bike this a.m., 2500m of violent swimming drills and speedwork with the class tonight.

Loving it!
  • I have a cold! But brilliantly this is my rest week!! I know christmas is coming up, but I can't think of a better time to train as most people will be indoors. Also managed to do some core strength training with all the coughing.
    Yeah tritriagain,

this holiday season, with boring nothing to do but eating and feesting, is the ideal time for training. Actually, knowing that you are one of the very few people who have the spine to train these days, is quite a great motivator.

Did a easy run today.

Tomorrow pool rendez-vous at 6 AM.
    Today I mostly did 6km sculling, followed by a slow (48min) 10km. Due to do the weekly 60km turbo session tomorrow; however Christmas shopping and Christmas dinner are on between now and and The planned 20km on Saturday morning.
    Did the 60 km turbo session 1.27.58 (40.9kmh),Sweated buckets but happy, now to do the Christmas shopping
  • 6km run (30 mins), Core strength work and a bit of swimming. Not bad, going spinning at 7.15am tomorrow morning!!!
    40 mins turbo in morning, core work and physiotherapist for knee (no thats not a training, but gotta be disciplined to do it) in the afternoon.

Running on the crosstrainer this evening??

40k bike ride, in the first sun rays there were this week( great feeling, outside, not on the rollers[8D])
  • 30mile cycle followed by 5k run. Currently having some wine!!!!
    Everybody's fallen in a deep winter sleep??? Time to wake up!!!

Did a 1 mile swim this morning (with what we call in Belgium: 'a head of stone'; read the cr*p thread why). 1hour run in the afternoon
    Just had to go public on this one, got up this (Christmas) morning a little bit mouldy following a few beers last night, then I went out for a run. I took a few wrong turns and got hopelessly lost and ended up doing 2 hours 37 minutes1 I burned up over 2000 calories so I'm going to enjoy my dinner with impunity. Happy Christmas to all and good luck in 2008
    did a 2.5k swim workout with fellow triathletes, which involved some boxing-likeswim massstart practice. That really wakes you up at 7 A.M.[:o]
  • Glad to hear everyone is training over xmas. Did 1500m swim on 21st, i hour run on 22nd. I am just about to put my runners on for an hour run!!
  • Have struggled for last few days what with toomuch food and now MAN flu. ran yesterday for 5 mile plus 30min Fartlek and a run planned for later today. Due to finish base training in the next week or so , so time to pick it all up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL[:D][:D][:D]