Home Chat General Chat

tri's may/june

Evening all,

I'm starting to think about next season and was wondering whether anyone could recommend some nice sprint or oly tri's during may and june.

My target race is the mazda london tri, its my 2nd season I'd like to be as ready as i can be!

I'd prefer tri's within 100miles of bristol but if its a belter of a race I'd be more than prepared to travel and stay the night.

bye for now,

Lee

Comments

• Hi ya, it may be a bit further for you but here in Weymouth on june 8th is the open water sprint and middle distance all organised by concept sports log onto there web site for details .

Alike myself i am building to london olympic 35-39 so good luck yo you. [;)] 2
  • hey first timer,

I'll gonna look into the weymouth tri cos i love weymouth. Where does the swim take place?

Thanks for the tip,

Lee

• It all takes place around the greenhill and lodmoor area.You will need to come down on the sat for registration and race sunday so its worh making a weekend of it.

750m swim.20k ride 5k run for the sprint.

If you come down let me know and we could grt together.[:D]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Concept sports also have a pool-based sprint (almost a super-sprint) over in Salisbury, and one in Dorchester. Might be close enough to suit you, sir. Very short distances but good for getting a bit of transition practice in.

I'm doing a few of them myself, but hadn't considered Weymouth. Might do the middle distance there. I'll let you know and we can swap details.

I'm also doing the London 35-39 Olympic.... determined to go under 2:30 this year.

Just the small matter of getting myself back up to race fitness.
  • First timer wrote:

It all takes place around the greenhill and lodmoor area.You will need to come down on the sat for registration and race sunday so its worh making a weekend of it.

750m swim.20k ride 5k run for the sprint.

If you come down let me know and we could grt together.[:D]

I will most definately enter the sprint providing i dont have other commitments which i'm pretty sure i don't. It would also be great to meet up, thanks for the offer.

I'll be in touch.

Lee
  • [;)]bristol newbie why bother with london tri? it costs a furtune in rip off london... it looks a crap coarse especially transition... if you feel the need to go that way try windsor much better than london ... or shropshire great event and a later start 11am ish dont get sucked into this london thing... its not the center of the universe.. bring on global warming and flood the place [:D] and move the capital to the midlands.....[;)]
  • artikartik Posts: 26
    Check out

http://www.pacesetterevents.com/index.php

or

http://www.racenewforest.co.uk/2008.htm

They are far away from you but well worth getting to.

• the belly wrote:

[;)]bristol newbie why bother with london tri? it costs a furtune in rip off london... it looks a crap coarse especially transition... if you feel the need to go that way try windsor much better than london ... or shropshire great event and a later start 11am ish dont get sucked into this london thing... its not the center of the universe.. bring on global warming and flood the place [:D] and move the capital to the midlands.....[;)]

Hi Mr Belly,

Thanks for the advice but I have already entered London tri with some club mates! The others you mentioned sound interesting so I'll look into them also. I've heard good things about windsor before.

cheers, lee

P.s Bristol should be our capital city[;)]
  • [:D]theres a good one in the cotswolds (sprint) its fast.. sept? [:D] and bude in cornwall is good another sprint 500mtr sea swim... im off to do NICE IRONMAN dont ask why i must have a death wish[&:]
  • Hi Newbi if you are prepared to go a little further from London Big Cow triathlon in Milton Keynes is the one to do.Top event great goodie bag lots of support.Takes place in July.www.big-cow.com Book early it fills up.
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    I second Dave Boy, maybe the best race I've done.
  • Hyde Park Tri is in April....end of 25th i think
  • Hyde Park one sounds awesome but requires you to raise alot of sponsorship - i.e. not good if you're doing several Triathlons over the year, but good for a one off.

A good warm up, and probably about 100miles from Bristol, are the Eton Supersprints at Dorney Lake. It's not an interesting course (i.e. flat as a pancake, bike/run round a massive long boating lake) but it's well organised and is ideal for personal bests or for early season warm ups. It's in Eton, near Windsor/Slough, in late May and is run by Human Race -they have a website.

Other than that, the Blenheim triathlon is in ear;y June and is a pretty good introduction to pitch black open water swims in freezing lakes. Well organised, but v.wet when I did it a couple of years ago. Probably about 50-100 miles from Bristol

Mike

• Thanks guys for the tips, i shall be all booked up v.soon!