Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    1.5 hours easy bike, great weather out here!!!
  • Hi all hope you don,t mind me joining in.Just finished training off road duathlon.4mile run 9mile bike 4mile run.First time on mountain bike this year forgot how tough off road is.Big swim tommorrow then 100K road bike on Sunday.
  • Hey Folks

Great to see everyone is training well over the hols. Me, I have eaten far too much christmas cake and not done enough training. Went to the pool yesterday for morning training and someone had put a brick through the window, so got out of my bed for nothing, didnt even have work to go to!

Managed a couple of hours on the mountain bike yesterday while the kids were at a christmas party. MB Race on tomorrow so should be fun.

Going to set up the training diary for the next six months over the next couple of nights. Need to get the wife in a good mood for that one![:@]

Keep training, am enjoying the info

1 hour bike yesterday.

I'm leaving for a hefty sheduled club swim training now, although i'm practicaly still asleep now,I guess it'll wake me up???[&:]
  • Did 30mins fartlek yesterday plus 10mins hill intervals to rid the xmas guilt!!!

I had planned a 1500m swim this morning but i felt a little run down so thought better of it.

Although its new year I'll concentrate on taking on plenty of fluid and eating well ready for a long cycle tomorrow.

2 mile swim yesterday. 1 hour bike in the afternoon. Today:nothing at all[8D][;)]
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    6.5 Km slog in the dark around Battersea Park, going to be a month or two of getting my fitness back *joy*
  • PC67PC67 Posts: 101
    Slow 7 mile run yesterday just to get back to it after Christmas and having had a chest cold for nearly a fortnight. Very pleased that I made it without much bother, though chest was wheezy during the night. I'm running a 10k on Sunday so needed a run out.

Usual 8 mile cycle into work this morning, taking in a different route. 2 and a half years of the same route day in, day out can drive one mad!

Posted my entry for the Fleet half marathon in March, which will (hopefully) be my first time running this distance.
  • I n the gym today 1/2 hr cycle then 20min on tredmill followed by 1000m in the pool.

Then back out into the cold head is now buzzing....[&:]
  • Did a one mile swim in 27mins followed by speed drills, i was quite pleased with myself considering my strict xmas diet of biscuits, wine and beer!!!

Just about to do some core and strength work on my TRX[&:]

I'll be doing 10k against the clock tomorrow which will probably have a disapointing outcome![:)]

i need motivation badly, I'm in danger of going through the motions! any suggetions?

Lee
    90 minute run at a steady pace, no hills or any attempts at picking up the tempo. To Hyde Park, one full lap around it and back again. Very nice run. That's probably the longest I've ever run so pleased enough.

I had a cold during Christmas and have a 10k in Regent's Park on Sunday am.
    1 hour club swim training, which was quite stressy;14 people in one lane really is good mass start training[&:]
  • I did a 10k run against the clock last night in 42mins (4mins slower than my PB!!!!) I have a lot of work to do there!

I did a hour swim session this morning full of drills and speed work.

Got a spin class tonight then an early night
  • Thi is a week review, (must keep up with my 220 posts) MOn did an hour run, tue 40k bike ride, wed hour run tried to cover more distance on the 2nd half, thu 1500m swim, fri swim with fins and then sprints. Toady played tennis for an hour to kep things different, tomorrow on the bike again for a few hours.
    Did my first real run in 4 weeks(due to knee tendon injury). My chiropractor advised me to warm up really well and keep those first runs short and slow. Following her advice, I made my run a brick session, first one of the new year. Result : 1 hour bike followed by a 4k slow run, with shaking knees, felt no pain during run, but inflammation can follow over night. So I really hope everything goes well, cause I did some heavy therapy over the last 4 weeks. It's my first injury in three years of tri, it really sucks[:'(][:@].
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    hey , check this site out its easy really to use!!!

www.fizztrain.com

[:D]

I started using it this week[:)]
  • scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I got up at 6 am sunday morning to go swimming!!

before I started triathlon I would never dream of this [&:]
    1 hour turbo, trying to digest all the food i had today at the birthday-party of my grandfather. The good old man celebrated his 85th one, so you can imagine it was quite a ball(and quite a big cake[8D]).

Hooray for the heroic, distinguished, brave old man!!!
    Did a 30 minute swim on Saturday, not looking at the watch, just counting my strokes per length - consistently in a 14-17 range. Not quick, but very meticulous if you know what I mean.

Ran a 10k race in Regents Park yesterday. Clocked 46 mins 20 seconds which was a touch slow for me (PB is 44 mins 20). Having had a cold and having run for 90 mins on Thursday took its toll - my legs were knackered during the third (last) lap!
    Not sure it counts as training but I did my first Yoga class last night, having promised myself I'd do so for months.
    Did a 1000 metres test in the pool. I shaved 21 seconds off my previous PB.

I thought it was a good idea to do a test, since I start TI next swim training.

Really pleased with my test time, since i only did base training, no speed sessions. Yeehah[:D]
  • I did 45mins technique work in the pool. I also ran 13miles for the first time since doing the bristol half marathon in 2002!!! i ran it in 1hr 31 which I'm over the moon with considering i finished in 1hr 43 in 2002. And i could have pushed harder too!....yippeeee[:)]

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Good week so far : Sunday 120km cycle at 30kmh average (I stayed at the back!!), Monday 1 hour swimming (100+ lengths ... I lose count )- or what I pass for swimming, and today 35 minutes sculling and a 10km run at easy pace (52 minutes). This is a great thread as you feel you have to report in every session & it helps to keep the motivation during the Winter months

1Km swim, rubbish though as I get to the pool at the same time as the aqua class was going off....

Still I guess swimming against the waves is good prep for my next race!
    It's late but I have to get my tuppence worth in! 60km on the turbo 41kmh in 1.27ish - good session, and since that I've been up all night trying (successfully) to meet a deadline. "Junk run" or light sculling tomorrow, or is that today!!!
  • oops getting sloppy again. Week reveiw. Did 30mins interval run, followed by 45mins of swim drills (7th jan). 8th Jan did 72k on the bike hikky terrain fun in the rain. 9th Jan ran for an hour. 10th Did 750ms in the pool and then did another after trying to go faster. 11th 5k time trial run followed by 750m with fins then 750m without in the pool.
    2 k swim yesterday morning at 6 P.M.

Today 50k ease bike ride, in wonderfull sunny weather, lots of wind though.

*rest day*

Yay!
    Yesterday an early morning steady-state scull on a glass still river just as day was dawning. Great stuff! Today I was supposed to go out on the club cycle but we were torrentially rained off - so I did what lucky did - had a rest day
    Off to the pool now, for 2k easy swim,after turbo training this morning for an hour.