Home Chat General Chat

New Tri Specific Frame

I'm looking to buy a new frame and I am tempted by the Giant Trinty Alliance.

Has anyone race one this year?

I've also been offered an Orbea Ora at a bargain price, different price band I know, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• tony btony b Posts: 57
    Hi motomink

I bought an Orbea Ora back in the summer and I'm really pleased. I went for the Ultegra option with a few carbon bits (tri bars and pedals) to save a bit of weight. Will get the fancy carbon bull bars later on. It's a great bike to ride, very quick but comfortable. I 've not used it a great deal yet but it comes out this weekend for the first TT of the year. I also looked at the Trinity Alliance but was won over by great reviews of the Ora, and the sexy curves, which are very eyecatching (especially if you can't afford a Cervelo!). One of the good things about the Orbeas is the options for groupsets and colours - you don't buy them off the shelf but have to wait a few weeks for your order to be put together.

I would thoroughly recommend one.
  • tony btony b Posts: 57
    Just noticed you are buying frame only but would still recommend
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    wilier lavarado crono frame+full carbon fork.£600 or just go here and get it even cheaper and get it for £427.79

http://www.bellatisport.com/shop/category/148/product/545/Wilier_Lavaredo_Crono.html

Ive been saying it for years that you cant go wrong with wilier.The quility of this is outstanding and i would recommend it any day over a Giant Trinity.The geometry is spot on and is very simular to the 2006 wilier crono carbon.