Home Chat General Chat

305 cadence gizmo

Hello to all!

Another tri-newbie signs up looking for wisdom and whit!

My first question is about the Garmin 305 (108 pounds on www.Gps4less.com). I'm upgrading to the 305 and I was wondering if the cadence monitor that can be paired with the device is worth getting? Does it help in training and info useful?

Cheers

Comments

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Hi Kurt, I use a Garmin forerunner 305, a fantastic piece of kit, I also have the speed and cadence sensor again a great bit of kit. All the info can then be all down loaded from the fore runner.

I use a cadence sensor on all my bikes and do a lot of cadence work in the winter on the road and turbo, Ive found from experience that I race better keeping my eye on cadence and heart rate.
  • I use the cadence sensor too; I find it invaluable during turbo sessions. The best thing about it is that it's a doddle to set up. [:)]

Measuring cadence as well as everything else really lets you disect your perfomance.

• agreed, 305 is fantastic, even if it isn't waterproof and the battery only lasts 10 hours...

I used to use the cadence kit, till the magnet fell off me crank.

Time to buy a new magnet and find the gaffa tape!
  • rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Hi Kurt

When you say 305 I assume you mean Forerunner not Edge [:)] , I have had mine for 18 months now and love it. I have the speed/cadence on both my bikes. Remember to tell the unit you are indoors (on the turbo) and it reports speed & distance as well as cadence --good for those static fitness tests (distance against time etc.)

My favourite features ... there are too many but I use the 'training partner' and the download / upload data feature most of the time (I am a techno geek, the mrs says its just a posh watch [:)] )

I also would recommend the Bike Mount for it.... Wearing the Velcro strap that comes with the bike mount during Multisport activities make the change over really easy between Bike and Run and the 'contacts' on the back of the watch are protected from sweat [:'(] ... I found 1 of the contacts went Black very quickly so I had to resort to insulation tape on the back of the unit to protect them until I got the Bike Mount.

Happy Training

R