Home Chat General Chat

Exmoor 70:3 cycle course

I am doing the Exmoor half in June and am planning on cycling the bike leg next weekend. I know that the route is on the website, but its not that easy to read. Can anybody give me the exact course ie roads etc... that the course runs.

Cheers.

Comments

• fatmattfatmatt Posts: 145
    tim,

i'm not doing the race but was thinking about doing the course next weekend myself, if you wanty company let me know here,

cheers

fatmatt
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    HI Tim ... havent a clue on the route but let me know what the 70.3 is like .. if the swim doesnt kill methis year I will be up for a 1/2 IM next year

madnurse (phil)

ps wonder if Loon fancies a bash at it ???? [:D]
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Hi Tim, I posted a thread about the route a little while ago (Wimbleball Bike Route). I'm going to be going down there sometime between now & the race, & was planning to put a bit more detail in the thread then. It's hilly.

Cheers, Rob
  • Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    Yea, have heard the couse is a 'little' hilly. I don't really know the area very well, but from photos it certainly looks hilly. Rob, I am not sure how to get to that old thread.

Fatmatt - sounds like a good idea if you are up there next week.

Tim
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Next year for sure... in(out)laws live in minehead...

I can vouch that the course will be 3D drove that way over easter, didn't look specifically at the course but there wasn't much in the way of flat sections in that area.

Just worked out the swim in a way I understand 38 lengths of the pool...next year definately

Tim, you can get to the thread by going to the general chat forum, clicking on 'Display topics from last:' & change it to 90 days. Scroll through & you should see Wimbleball Bike Route towards the top of page 3.

I'm planning to go down there on Saturday 29 April, so if anybody else is around let me know. I'll do the whole 56 miles as a training exercise & let you know what it's like.
    tim,

what time are you hoping to start, where and how long do you think it'll take you, i live up in the mnidlands but want to do the course before the big day

cheers

fat matt
    oops, i meant rob.....sorry
    Hey Matt, I've e-mailed you from the forum separately but I aim to get to Wimbleball at 9.00-9.30 ish. I've got to drive up from Poole, Dorset. Looking at doing it in around 3 1/2 - 4 1/2hrs depending how much sightseeing I do en route.

Anybody else want to join in?

Rob
    Rob, fatmatt

I'm gonna be doing it on Sat 29th. I will make sure I'm there at 9 ish. I'm staying in N Cornwall Fri night so won't be problem getting there for that time. Was hoping to do course in around 31/2 - 4 hours - well I hope: depends how hilly! I might be bringing my brother up who is also doing the half IM.

Tim
    Just found your previous thread Rob - cheers.

Tim
    Hi Tim, yep the more the merrier. 0900 sounds OK. I've e-mailed you from the forum with my work e-mail so you can get in touch with me as I'm working away this week & access to the internet will be sporadic.

Look forward to seeing you.

Rob
    ok, i'll do my best to be therre for 9, any directions? as i live up in the midlands, if i'm not there by 9.30 go ahead as i'm working nights this week and if it's busy i'll drop out, but i will leave a message on friday night on here,

i mentioned to rob thjat if we're all making an effortwhy not make the most of it and do a short (slow) run after?

i also have to be back for 6 so have to leave by 2.30

hope to see you sun

fatmatt
    Short slow run sounds good.

Directions? Your coming in the opposite direction to me so I don't think I can help you there. I'll post them if I come up with any when I am looking into the directions I will need to take.

See you Sat.
  • rollorollo Posts: 25
    Its a bit cheeky, but if you have a camera would appreciate if you could post some pictures of the course?!!!!!
    tim, rob,

it's looking doubtful for me as i have tonsillitis, but if i'm ok i'll be there,

rollo, if i do go i'll makle sure to take some photos

fatmatt
    Fatmatt, your best bet would be to come down the M5 & turn off at Tiverton (I think). Hope you feel better soon.

Rollo, I'll make sure I take some pictures for you.
  • algainalgain Posts: 3
    i cycled the exmoor 70.3 route back in february .......and its a lungbuster!!!